You d*ck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I'm a calm person, I look ahead for problems, I'm tolerant of others mistakes....so why did I lose it badly today :blush:

Roadworks on our side of the road with traffic lights, We stop and wait for green. We stay in position behind a car and go to move around roadworks when its signaled. .......

....Single decker bus over takes me on the narrow section nearly pushing me into the roadworks, the red mist descends. Its a chase Cav would be proud of and i catch the bus at the next stop....... I did start the conversation through his open window quite abruptly, to say I tore a strip off the Arriva driver would be putting it mildly.
Passengers looked amused and when I saw them I started to laugh, mainly out of embarrassment.....
......I'm turning in to a monster.... or a commuter;)

Report it to Arriva.
The buses have a camera above the drivers head recording any incidents with passengers getting on so records when the bus door passes you.

Pauluk

Not defending the bus driver in anyway or criticising you because I wasn't there, but out of interest did you hold primary while going through what sounds like a narrowed single lane.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a few similar experiences yesterday, but with taxis and chav type boy racers. One car tried to pass me, or to be correct tried to force me to pull over while it's occupents gave out some abuse. One of the boneheads, complete with cigarette in one hand and super strength lager in the other said "Can't you peddle any f.....g faster"?! I caught them up and offered my bike to him suggesting that he tried to "go any faster". As expected he politely declined, in his bonehead way of course.:rolleyes:

Not defending the bus driver in anyway or criticising you because I wasn't there, but out of interest did you hold primary while going through what sounds like a narrowed single lane.

I realise that holding the primary would make a daft overtake impossible, but it really ought not to be necessary with a so-called professional driver such as one would hope to find piloting a bus. He would not have done it on the test for his PCV licence, so why do it now?

Pauluk

xpc316e said:
I realise that holding the primary would make a daft overtake impossible, but it really ought not to be necessary ......
I absolutely agree. I wasn't trying to be critical of the OP, it wasn't his fault and I'm sorry that my post may have come across that way, especially as I am not a very experienced road cyclist yet. It's just that I have practiced hard to ride in primary since learning about it on this forum (and reading Cyclecraft) and found it extremely useful in increasing my safety. I was just wondering if the OP had a reason for not being in primary (or perhaps he was I don't know) and consequently if there are times when I shouldn't be using it as a riding position.

yello

I too find it embarrassing to loose my temper. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

Stuff catches you out sometimes so forgive yourself. Don't justify or condemn it, perhaps try to understand it but best of all put it behind - we all make twats of ourselves sometimes ;)

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Thanks Tony, I didn't know that. Will email them in the morning and will phone on Monday
I had an exchange with Arriva last month about one of their drivers. Their response left a lot to be desired, including bare faced lies that conflict with the video evidence I have provided. They also claim that their video shows their driver left plenty of room, but they have refused to provide the video. The case is currently with the Traffic Commissioner, who seems to be taking it seriously. I will be interested to see how far you get with your complaint.

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Didn't really get a chance to get to primary, the road works were on our side of the road and I was just about to get into the lane on the other side when he stupidly overtook.
Feel a bit better today about it, even think me blasting him a bit funny, the sad thing is that I don't think he knew he was in the wrong.
Thanks for the support guys and if anymore comes of it I'll post about it

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I had an exchange with Arriva last month about one of their drivers. Their response left a lot to be desired, including bare faced lies that conflict with the video evidence I have provided. They also claim that their video shows their driver left plenty of room, but they have refused to provide the video. The case is currently with the Traffic Commissioner, who seems to be taking it seriously. I will be interested to see how far you get with your complaint.

Keep us updated HC:thumbsup:

Top Bottom