you have £2200ish.... find me a better bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think the propel is sized like a TT bike so you will want a size smaller than you have on a normal road bike . That's what I have been told by the guys at giant .
Are you sure? Aren't TT frames smaller than regular frames?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Are you sure? Aren't TT frames smaller than regular frames?
I'm sure that is what I was told by the guys at giant . I guess they size the bike for the riding you want to do so although the frame size cant change the reason for picking a frame size can .

Fab Foodie

I'm sure that is what I was told by the guys at giant . I guess they size the bike for the riding you want to do so although the frame size cant change the reason for picking a frame size can .
That I understand. But for TT's you want to be more over the BB than a regular road bike and want a shortish top tube to allow a good flat back and 90 degree arm bend on the tri-bars. A bigger frame than for regular riding would not enable this.

Alternative view ....

Custom sized and built Rourke 853, carbon fork, handbuilt wheels, group set and finishing kit if choice .....

Stand out from the crowd and it'll be a joy for life.
Noooooo! I have one of those, without gears of course and it makes the Giant look. er, like a Giant. Seriously, buy the Giant, everyone buy a Giant, it's so nice to see so many folk out there riding Giant's, can't get enough of them :smile:.

zizou

Veteran
I think the propel is sized like a TT bike so you will want a size smaller than you have on a normal road bike . That's what I have been told by the guys at giant .

It has the same geometry as their TCR road bike

rb58

Enigma
I've just taken delivery of a 2015 Cannondale Synapse 3 with hydraulic discs and Di2 for not many more notes than your budget. Bought it from Germany at significantly under the UK price. The shop set it up for UK and delivery was £5. Took it for it's first outing today and I'm absolutely delighted.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've had 7 Giants over the past 5 years. All excellent bikes.
When it came to buying my 'Sunday best' road bike, I chose a
Focus Cayo Di2 - just to have something 'different'. I'm not disappointed in my choice. The Focus is an excellent machine and stands out amongst the crowds of Giant and Specialized bikes that seen to be everywhere you look.

Fab Foodie

Looks really uncomfortable :wacko:

The OP is really tall, guessing he'll need a Large, they don't seem to go bigger for that model
If that's the case maybe a custom fit might be an even better bet?
I've owned lots of lovely bikes including a TCR and I've only just realised after several 'bike fits' that none of them ever actually fitted me properly. Now the Rourkie is right on the money and it's a revelation in terms of speed effort and comfort.
Maybe for somebody particularly tall this might be a way forward?

853 is not as light as carbon, but it is comfortable and very responsive. The small weight penalty over perfect fit might make all the difference on the road. In my case it certainly has.
Just a thought .....

Other custom options are cielo for a TI bike (someone on the site has one) and may just get a full di2 with the rest of the budget.

Did Rose bikes not have anything?

SWSteve

Guru
How much would be spent on wheels after, or are these of good standard? If spending that much, wouldn't it be worth taking those into consideration as well

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Other custom options are cielo for a TI bike (someone on the site has one) and may just get a full di2 with the rest of the budget.

Did Rose bikes not have anything?
That be me - i have a cielo custom Ti

IMAG0531.jpg

Top Bottom