you have £2200ish.... find me a better bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
How much would be spent on wheels after, or are these of good standard? If spending that much, wouldn't it be worth taking those into consideration as well
In brand bicycle heirarchy, it starts with the frame, then groupsets and wheels tend to come last. This is odd to my thinking. Better wheels with lower groupsets is better than say Di2 and cheaper heavier wheels. This is why wheel upgrades (which are easy to do) tend to be first on the list after bike purchase.
So I would consider spending proportionally more on wheels than groupsets than off the peg bikes tend to do.
I would also consider custom wheels too, you can have them tailored to your exact needs and if damaged or worn are readily repaired.

SWSteve

Guru
In brand bicycle heirarchy, it starts with the frame, then groupsets and wheels tend to come last. This is odd to my thinking. Better wheels with lower groupsets is better than say Di2 and cheaper heavier wheels. This is why wheel upgrades (which are easy to do) tend to be first on the list after bike purchase.
So I would consider spending proportionally more on wheels than groupsets than off the peg bikes tend to do.
I would also consider custom wheels too, you can have them tailored to your exact needs and if damaged or worn are readily repaired.

Tat's wat I was getting at, he may well spend 2100 on a bike with Di2, but will probabl want to upgrade the wheels soon, maybe going cheaper and budgeting for something like a pair of Zondas/Fucrum wheels may be a better option? Although he could always buy those in a couple of months...

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Not read all posts but, has anyone mentioned the Scott Addict 15 (2015) yet ?

A little over budget but strike the right deal & it could be close.

Ultegra Di2 & race geometry on a lightweight frame & fork.

Top Bottom