You know how it is....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Squeaking already? Tut :tongue:

Nah, not really. Just the odd "scuff scuff" of the brake blocks on the front wheel, and an occasional random ting of the bell when being carried folded.

just jim

A couple of years ago, my then OH and I had been on a diet for quite some time and then her birthday rolled around and we agreed to enjoy ourselves and eat what we wanted.

Fry up for breakfast.
Picnic plus ice creams at lunch.
Late afternoon, go round to her mum's for cake en route out for pizza. End up scoffing a plate of extremely delicious moussaka, plus a couple of slices of cake.
Evening: Pizza Hut. A plate of buffalo wings each. A large pizza each. Pudding. Lots of. Barely able to stand up, let alone move. Painfully stagger back to the car, can't even talk. Forget the romance, lie in bed waiting to die. Look and feel several weeks overdue with triplets. Strangely unhungry for quite a long time afterwards :mrpig:

Sounds like The Butterfield Diet to me!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjTWvl8x-U

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
There's nothing Yorkshire about them.

I used to eat them as a kid in Darlington in the sixties where they were known as scallops.

no, a scallop is a single slice of potato battered vern! There may be imitations but we're talking proper food!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
no, a scallop is a single slice of potato battered vern! There may be imitations but we're talking proper food!

There you go two counties separated by a common language.

Scallops in Yorkshire are 5hite and consist of a battered slice of potato.

Scallops in Darlington were and still are a sandwich of fish between two slices of potato and then battered and deep fried.

I had all sorts of problems making myself understood when I moved to Leeds from Darlington. A huge swathe of my vocabulary was rendered redundant because Tykes didn't understand English.

Since when was a 'bottle of broon' a bottle of Sam Smiths Nut Brown Ale?
Surely every knew that ten fags meant Embassy Regal and not Benson and Hedges.

It made life difficult for me in the student bars as I often went without rather than drink the muck they served as 'broon'. Mind you when Leeds Uni student union started selling Federation ales things started looking up.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I went to Darlington once.

.... And he spent a fortnight there one Saturday night (BOOM BOOM!!).

I'll get me coat.

Top Bottom