You know its windy when ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twozeronine

You know it's windy when you exaggerate how much you're struggling in order to make motorists understand why you're going so slowly.
blush.gif

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
You know it's windy when you shave three minutes of your usual PB time, despite heavy traffic and lots of red lights. :thumbsup:

+1
Quickest time in this morning on my No.2 route, without really trying too hard.

You know its windy when you get to the traffic lights and the roadie that normally zips past you each morning pulls up alongside you says "Its a bit blowy this morning" and thanks you for the tow for the last 2 miles.

Cheeky twunt.

My conclusion is that I'm a significantly stronger rider and had my rigid Alfine MTB been a road bike he'd have blown up trying to keep pace. That, or my significant 16 stone frame provides decent shelter from the elements :sad:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
You know it's windy when you exaggerate how much you're struggling in order to make motorists understand why you're going so slowly.
blush.gif

That made me lol. I did just that yesterday morning. I was going uphill and the wind was right in my face but I probably didn't need to put on the pained expression to try and excuse the 9 MPH quite so much. :whistle:

lip03

Über Member
you know its windy when you think about taking the bus!.............................but then you regain sense and just get on with it!

god i wish i had just got the bloody bus! lol

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
you know its rather breezy when you literally fall through your front door when you get home...
at least the legs are getting more of a workout :biggrin:

Got a new one from my ride today: you know its windy when your GPS informs you later that your average speed on the flat was higher than when you were descending =o

Radman

Must of been lucky it hasnt been windy here in the west,thought i might of done a pb

commuting back from work only to find i hadnt reset the computer, doh

You know you're windy when you fart on a trike...you get the blowback right at you. Not good if you had a curry the night before.

Oh, not that sort of wind? :whistle:

Top Bottom