you know what really annoys me.......???????????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beepbeep

when someone ( the local hospital ) rings my ex directory house telephone to tell me I have a cancellation appointment . They ask for me by name and before I can accept it they ask me to confirm who I am by giving them my date of birth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that really annoys me !!

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Using more than 6 question marks in a sentence - now that IS annoying :boxing:

Drago

Legendary Member
I such a scenario I always annoy them back by refusing to give answers to personal questions to someone who has called me. They could be anyone.

OP
OP
beepbeep

beepbeep

I did just that...I tried to explain just that but they were adamant they needed my date of birth..so I reminded the caller that they had called me on my ex directory number, they stated my full name and address and the reason for the call , describing in detail the type of appointment and my gps's name.....So I thanked them for providing confidential information to someone they hadn't even confirmed the identity of...slight pause on their end and they asked for my date of birth again.I repeated just what I had said then the penny dropped.

OP
OP
beepbeep

beepbeep

House phones annoy me.

Unplugged and in a drawer but you still pay for it.
I only give it out to the GP and the VET...( and no I dont need a distemper booster yet ) Even the family get mobile numbers.
We have the new call intercept service on the house phone now which filters junk / cold callers but this occasion it was a local number so I let it through although now we have totally unlimited mobile calls I am considering unplugging all the house phones and and just keep the landline for internet.

Top Bottom