you know what really annoys me.......???????????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Im being cyber bullied now :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Don't worry, Keith Oates is on your side.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I work with customers who are so anal about data protection that they demand pass codes even though I speak to them every day they know my voice and called me on my mobile phone.

The code changes every month and if I am in my car or away from my computer and can’t remember it I can’t speak to them. Totally bonkers.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just refuse the appointment and say you’re happy to wait until a non cancellation comes up. Hopefully it’s not for something urgent...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I kid you not, but people have called me and asked me to confirm my phone number :wacko:

Almost as bad, ring BT from a BT landline and they ask your number.
The local Dominos had caller ID years ago and would answer your call with a personalized greeting!

byegad

Legendary Member
I such a scenario I always annoy them back by refusing to give answers to personal questions to someone who has called me. They could be anyone.
Yes, I've had this conversation with Capital 1 and HSBC. They ring you, then 'want to go through security'. They really don't get it when I refuse and point out why giving your security details to a cold caller isn't a good idea.

byegad

Legendary Member
I kid you not, but people have called me and asked me to confirm my phone number :wacko:
That's on a par with asking for a black coffee and then being asked if I want milk in it. I kid you not it's a regular occurrence.

byegad

Legendary Member
I refuse to play that game, I'll go as far as ordering an Espresso or filter coffee, but after that they're on their own. As to sizes, I want to drink it not bathe in it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is black coffee an 'Americano' now or is that something different?
I'm not much of a coffee devotee so I get confused :unsure:
Americano is hot water added to an espresso shot, allegedly named after GIs in Italy added hot water to their espressos to make it easier to drink. Up to 2:1 if you're somewhere civilised, served with a glass of cold water so you can lower the temperature as much or little as you like and drink it straight away. About 6:1 in costa-cola and similar, served blazing hot in a ceramic bucket with no cold water. If you pour the shot into the water, that's a Long Black.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Have had a liquid lunch in the pub, trying to take an hour or two to myself, reading a book. Two pissed blokes have tried to engage me in unwanted conversation, and three have tried to engage the solo barmaid in suggestive conversation. I may make "Benny Hill" quips on here, but I'd never hassle people. Just go about your own business, folks.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Have had a liquid lunch in the pub, trying to take an hour or two to myself, reading a book. Two pissed blokes have tried to engage me in unwanted conversation, and three have tried to engage the solo barmaid in suggestive conversation.

Isn't it funny how alcohol can sometime make us men think we have a bigger penis - when in reality, it just makes us bigger dicks?

Top Bottom