you know what really annoys me.......???????????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Yes, yes I know it's thread resurrection. But I was reminded of this recently and had to get this off my chest:

People who work for money who don't need to. Now don't get me wrong, there's no law against it... but I remember in another job talking with a work colleague who at the time must have been in his mid 70's and was very well sorted financially (at least he said he was) and wanted to keep working to "keep sharp in his old age". I can't help but get annoyed thinking he was just taking up a job some young kid really needed. I understand if you want to work, but why not volunteer to keep sharp if you really want to work? Surely you can keep sharp and keep a similar work environment by volunteering and as an added advantage do some good for some other people too?

Again, no law against it, but being honest it did annoy me (I think back to when I was first starting out after college and opportunities were scarce).

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I can really complain about the number of emojis used in thread replies. It's terrible. 27 emojis are fine, but anything over that and it's something that should be looked into.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
but I remember in another job talking with a work colleague who at the time must have been in his mid 70's and was very well sorted financially (at least he said he was) and wanted to keep working to "keep sharp in his old age". I can't help but get annoyed thinking he was just taking up a job some young kid really needed. I understand if you want to work, but why not volunteer to keep sharp if you really want to work? Surely you can keep sharp and keep a similar work environment by volunteering and as an added advantage do some good for some other people too?

Again, no law against it, but being honest it did annoy me (I think back to when I was first starting out after college and opportunities were scarce).
He might have wasted his life and been lying to save face.

Top Bottom