You know you're addicted to cycle commuting when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
28) You've placed a set of tools, track pump, spare tubes and a can of lube under the stairs at work.
29) Work colleagues stare incredulously as you cycle off somewhere at lunchtime, 'But didn't you cycle into work as well?' they say.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
23.You have a "special" place in your workplace to park your bike whilst everyone in cars have to hunt for a space.When i worked in a parts department,my bike lived next to me at my desk !!!! I now have an equally special place at college in the barn away from the rif-raff !

wisdom

Guru
Guilty as charged.with most of the above.
Andrew your blog is excellent.
Nice light hearted thread this is.

Custom24

Über Member
You like the fact that you are avoiding a journey which won't have even warmed the engine oil up properly by the time you get there.
You smile as your cycle path takes you past one or two spots of congestion, and ignore the fact that those people will still be in work before you.
You think "I'm saving money by showering at the office", and don't mind that the whole office has to spend the day smelling your sweaty clothes, and your wife has to spend the evening doing so (I can't shower when I get home as it would wake my toddler).

GrasB

Veteran
  1. You live three miles from work but your commute is ten miles - 15 miles minimum, usually no less than 20 miles.
  2. You know exactly how much quicker cycling to work is that driving through traffic to work - nope....
  3. You tell anyone who will listen (and some who won't) how much quicker cycling to work is that driving through traffic to work - nope...
  4. You look forlornly at your commuter bike on your days off from work - No, I don't have a commuter bike & I cycle on my days off
  5. You apologize to your bicycle on days off - No, I cycle on my days off
  6. You know exactly how long it has been since your last puncture - Yes
  7. There are days when you'd like a few words in the ear of the inventor of 'puncture-proof' tyres - Nope
  8. You love that your colleagues think you're insane for cycling to work - Yes
  9. You check weather apps more than social networking - Yes, because I don't do Social Networking sites
  10. You can tell how early or late for work you are according to who you see on your commute - Nope, my commute routes are to varied for this
  11. It's not breakfast, it's fuel - Yes
  12. Summer rain (on the way home) is a joyous wash - Rain? Is that when I get wet from sources other than my body?
  13. You have at least three different types of cycling gloves - Yes, how else are you meant to cycle all year round?
  14. Strava & Endomondo & other GPS tracking - I have a GPS HU for my power meter... does that count?
  15. You're reading this list just because it's about cycle commuting. - Nope, I thought it would be funny
[/quote]

Top Bottom