You know you're addicted to cycle commuting when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
30) when you buy two brands of detergent - one for your normal clothes and a cheaper brand for your sweaty cycling ones.
:eek:... hold your head in shame that's so the wrong way round! That should read
30) when you buy two brands of detergent - a good brand for your expensive cycling ones and cheaper one for your normal clothes.

GrasB

Veteran
I use the servers USB ports to charge my Garmin and lights for the 20 miles home
:eek: deep fried lights!... Mine are powered off my monitors :biggrin:

[quote="Andrew_Culture, post: 2400328, member: 21241"]I've just posted these 'Signs you're addicted to cycling to work' on my blog and thought they might offer a moment of humorous distraction from the daily grind:

1. You live three miles from work but your commute is ten miles - 1.75 to 33 miles, usualy circa, check ;) except this week waiting for the Bike to be sorted after a crash :sad:
  2. You know exactly how much quicker cycling to work is that driving through traffic to work - no idea just that driving along Thorpe Road would probably take 2mins off peak and over half an hour during the school am peak (I'm the only thing that moves on that road if I take that route) and then I'd have to look round for a parking space or pay through the nose for an allocated one (the bike shed is free and closer :smile:) .
  3. You tell anyone who will listen (and some who won't) how much quicker cycling to work is that driving through traffic to work - I don't have to tell most of my colleagues.
  4. You look forlornly at your commuter bike on your days off from work - don't really just take it as an excuse to go on a longer ride.
  5. You apologize to your bicycle on days off - I have never done that :rolleyes:
  6. You know exactly how long it has been since your last puncture - I can tell you the date of my last p'ture but thats because I was going on Holiday and even with a p'ture it was still easier than driving.
  7. There are days when you'd like a few words in the ear of the inventor of 'puncture-proof' tyres - never needed that mutter thankfully :blush:
  8. You love that your colleagues think you're insane for cycling to work - I dont think they think that :rolleyes:
  9. You check weather apps more than social networking - I don't have a special app but I do admit it takes up a fairbit of my net time.
  10. You can tell how early or late for work you are according to who you see on your commute - my commutes are usually too random to do this.
  11. It's not breakfast, it's fuel - most certainly :thumbsup:
  12. Summer rain (on the way home) is a joyous wash - don't really think about it, its just wet or not.
  13. You have at least three different types of cycling gloves - tick
  14. Strava & Endomondo & other GPS tracking - tick
  15. You're reading this list just because it's about cycle commuting.- tick :thumbsup:
[/quote]

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
38. You plan your packed lunch according to how much the component parts will add to your travelling weight efficiency.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
When putting on your cold weather gear takes longer than it would to drive home...
When you no longer look at the cute young ladies bottom on the bike in front of you because you're looking at the bike she's riding...
Hey! I'm not that far gone. I'll still be eyeing her posterior, thinking "mmm... that's a finely-tuned cycling behind", because I love what cycling does to them ^_^.

Top Bottom