You know you're addicted to Fixed or SS when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adds21

Rider of bikes
...You get to the top of the hill first, and have time to throw up before your geared friends get there.

zigzag

Veteran
my ss vs geared bikes ratio is 4:2

i prefer ss, but like riding geared bikes just as much - it depends on my mood and the terrain!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
my ss vs geared bikes ratio is 4:2

i prefer ss, but like riding geared bikes just as much - it depends on my mood and the terrain!

I think this is it in a nutshell, both are different and both are fun.

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 2593100, member: 30090"]Being pedantic about terminology. There is only single speed, after this has been established then you can say whether it is fixed or free.[/quote]
You say this a lot don't you? :hello:

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 2649473, member: 30090"]Only to stop people looking a wee bit stupid:-

So what you riding?

Yeah, single speed.

Yeah I can see that.....:whistle:

Just affirms what I already knew, that there are a load of knobbers out there who don't know what they are talking about and can't even trackstand ffs. (present company excluded of course.):smile:[/quote]
I wouldn't exclude me. I can't track stand anything less stable than an MTB :biggrin:

adds21

Rider of bikes
[QUOTE 2649473, member: 30090"]
Just affirms what I already knew, that there are a load of knobbers out there who don't know what they are talking about and can't even trackstand ffs. (present company excluded of course.):smile:[/quote]

This is the thing I dislike most about many of the fixed gear riders. I don't care about any of this bloody "down with the kids" rubbish. I ride fixed because I enjoy riding fixed. I'm going to call fixed, fixed, and single speed, single speed, because regardless of the technicality, people know what I'm talking about. I call my Dyson a Hover to. Sue me.

Also, I can't trackstand, or rather, I've never felt the need to try. That makes me an inferrier fixed gear rider does it? Not that I care,

Rant over.

GrasB

Veteran
[QUOTE 2593100, member: 30090"]Being pedantic about terminology. There is only single speed, after this has been established then you can say whether it is fixed or free.[/quote]
Er... S3X? :whistle:

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
[QUOTE 2754708, member: 1314"]...when someone offers to lend you their geared and you wonder if you still know how to use brakes.[/quote]

Flash git.:tongue:

Seriously it's gears with me,then when you switch back it's not forgetting that you can't stop pedalling.:blink:

D

Deleted member 1258

Flash git.:tongue:

Seriously it's gears with me,then when you switch back it's not forgetting that you can't stop pedalling.:blink:

Its amazing, I've been back on fixed for over 6 years and about 20000 miles now, and I still forget I can't stop pedalling once in a while.:huh: :blush:

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
Its amazing, I've been back on fixed for over 6 years and about 20000 miles now, and I still forget I can't stop pedalling once in a while.:huh: :blush:

The problem I have is when the cyclist in front decides to stop pedalling.One the other day it was four strokes and he was out.

D

Deleted member 1258

You get a perverse satisfaction riding with others when you hear the clunk of clumsy gear changing.

I'm the opposite, when I ride my geared bike I forget I can stop pedalling.

I've done that before now.

Top Bottom