You know you're getting old...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheule

I'll give you a little hint ... :blush:

white%20whiskers.jpg

Looking a lot like House there!

zacklaws

Guru
Oh, and ... (Roadracer mudguards permanently fitted)

crud-roadracer-mk2-fenders-mudguards-on-bike.jpg

You must be getting old Colin, judging by your chain line, your on the inner ring, so you must have been on the flat, pedalling steadily whistling a tune as you go to buy your paper. And where's the box on the back to keep your ferrets in, and also where's your water proof leggings wrapped round the "crossbar". But don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a local engineer who can reshape your favourite Basso into a Zimmer frame when them hills get too much. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mind you, I can't be that cheeky, just realised, I'm just over 4 years for my free bus pass

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
In theory my free bus pass is only 5 years away but with the spending cuts, what's the chance of them still being provided then?

Are you really sixty?

Free bus passes are issued to anyone born before 6th April 1950 and for those born after that date upon them qualifying for the state pension - 65 and rising.....

I was looking forward to a bus pass in the not too distant future until I found this

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
(Sorry for hijacking your thread Fiona! ;))

Looking a lot like House there!
It's funny you should say that, especially from a partial shot of my face, but when I was skinny I had 3 separate people tell me that I resembled Hugh Laurie. Since I am 3 years older than mister Laurie, I'd say that if anything, he resembles me! ;)

You must be getting old Colin, judging by your chain line, your on the inner ring, so you must have been on the flat, pedalling steadily whistling a tune as you go to buy your paper. And where's the box on the back to keep your ferrets in, and also where's your water proof leggings wrapped round the "crossbar". But don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a local engineer who can reshape your favourite Basso into a Zimmer frame when them hills get too much. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Well spotted, but what you didn't know was that I sometimes finish my rides up a steep concrete road to avoid the Paris Roubaix treatment on the local cobbled backstreets!

hebden-bridge-steep-road-3.jpg

Are you really sixty?

Free bus passes are issued to anyone born before 6th April 1950 and for those born after that date upon them qualifying for the state pension - 65 and rising.....

I was looking forward to a bus pass in the not too distant future until I found this

No - I'm 55. You're right - there goes my fantasy bus holiday! By the time I get to 65, the pension age will probably be 75!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sort that QR on the front wheel out - other side !!!! :tongue: Won't go into taking pics on the granny ring....... :wacko:
My fussy mate used to point that out so I always did it up on the 'wrong' side to wind him up. :biggrin:

I don't know which is worst, zacklaws spotting the chain on the granny ring, you agreeing with him, or me spotting it before I took the photo but forgetting to change it! ;)

PS When I checked the photo, I noticed that both pairs of mudguard stays didn't line up properly so I have now sorted those out.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
:idea: You could always reverse the image and re-insert it if you can't be bothered to flip the wheel.

Some offered me their seat on the bus the other day. I am only fifty bloody two! :sad:

I'll take it! Where's this bus going, then? (I'm 57 you know):tired:

Top Bottom