You know you're getting old...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona N

Veteran
when you fit mudguards and think, now why didn't I do that sooner :blush:?

Just popped SKS Race Blades on the Ribble as the clearances are way to tight for even the Crud thingies and it was lovely yesterday afternoon not to end up with a sodden muddy jacket back from the puddles on the lanes.

Now there's just the task of fitting the real things (SKS chromoplastics) to the Hewitt :biggrin:

Adasta

Now there's just the task of fitting the real things (SKS chromoplastics) to the Hewitt :biggrin:

Get the LBS to do it!

Cringles

I'm 23, & I just fitted mudguards...I'm old
sad.gif

Even worse....

..and I don't know if I can confess to this...

but....

When I was in a shop the other day sorting out change, the young girl lent over and said "let me help you" then took the correct money (politely counting and telling me what the coins were)

That only happens to very old people!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Even worse....

..and I don't know if I can confess to this...

but....

When I was in a shop the other day sorting out change, the young girl lent over and said "let me help you" then took the correct money (politely counting and telling me what the coins were)

That only happens to very old people!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ThePainInSpain

When you have just been to Lidl's (which I have, just returned) for something you know you need, can't remember what it was, spend 16€ on stuff, get back home and realise you haven't got what you went for in the first place.

Happens all the bloody time now...............:sad:

Davidc

Guru
On the basis of the OP I've been old since I was 7 (chronological years) and at all times since. (Except when doing Time Trials years ago).

Don't like bikes without mudguards, get wet even going through a puddle, bikes don't look good without, and lots more.

Welcome to the world of real cyclists Fiona!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh, and ... (Roadracer mudguards permanently fitted)

crud-roadracer-mk2-fenders-mudguards-on-bike.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have you got the picture to go on your free bus pass all ready Colin. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ho ho! The chin-warming whiskers will be coming off as soon as I believe we aren't going to get any more sub-zero days this winter.

In theory my free bus pass is only 5 years away but with the spending cuts, what's the chance of them still being provided then?

It would be a shame if they are cut, because I really fancy doing something like this! ;)

I'll give you a little hint ... :blush:

white%20whiskers.jpg

Ah yes, I'm familiar with white beard syndrome. I should buy it some mudguards.

My first bike had beautiful chrome mudguards I used to polish with Brasso. I briefly flirted with mini mudguards in the 70's and 80's but full mudguards are crucial. Mentally I must always have had a white mudguard beard.

Top Bottom