You lot weren't much help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Welcome to the dark side :smile: Nice bike

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I take it congratulations on your B'Day present are in order :laugh:?

Will you be taking it out on the CC Ecosse ride this weekend?
I don't think I've "met" your Bianchi yet ;)... you are almost as bad as Jane with rapid N+1s ;)

T

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Coco said:
Thanks 4F. No-one mentioned the bruises that go with fixed. ;)

LOL, I assume you have tried to freewheel a couple of times then ? ;)

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

Telemark said:
I take it congratulations on your B'Day present are in order :sad:?

Will you be taking it out on the CC Ecosse ride this weekend?
I don't think I've "met" your Bianchi yet :sad:... you are almost as bad as Jane with rapid N+1s :biggrin:

T

Yep. I'll be stopping here though. Solo was a replacement for my commuter hybrid, which might get a bit of TLC over the next few months (hubs seem to be full of porridge :smile:) Meeting you Eastern folks is on my to-do list for this year. Plenty of time left.

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

4F said:
LOL, I assume you have tried to freewheel a couple of times then ? :smile:

Yes, backs of the legs are not pretty (not that they ever were). Also got a sore bum the first time I stopped pedalling and it pushed me on and off the saddle in quick succession :biggrin:

Still, its great fun.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Coco said:
Yes, backs of the legs are not pretty (not that they ever were). Also got a sore bum the first time I stopped pedalling and it pushed me on and off the saddle in quick succession :angry:

Still, its great fun.

Congrats on the new bike, very nice looking machine.

Regarding the backs of your legs, just wait until you crash (although hopefully never), flailing pedals will wreck you, but its worth it for the intermediatary fun :ohmy:

Im always scuffed up from my fixed, but thats usually from pushing it when walking and forgetting the pedals are spinning and shinning them :smile:

redjedi

Über Member
dan_bo said:
I've got onw of them. So has redbike and indeed someone else. Cracking.bike!

That would be me and also Aperitif. Lovely bike and very comfortable.

Mines used as the workhorse, commuting, shopping etc

I still haven't been brave enough to try it fixed yet. I'm about to order some new tyres for it after my first flat this morning (what a hassle to change and the tyres are paper thin) so I'll order the cog and spanner at the same time :angry:

redjedi said:
That would be me and also Aperitif. Lovely bike and very comfortable.

Mines used as the workhorse, commuting, shopping etc

I still haven't been brave enough to try it fixed yet. I'm about to order some new tyres for it after my first flat this morning (what a hassle to change and the tyres are paper thin) so I'll order the cog and spanner at the same time :angry:

No fixed for me either..just a gentle push around town - and I am used to M+ for commuting and these tyres are not the most inspiring. 'Slickslows'' :ohmy:

OP
OP
Coco

Coco

I decided to skip the singlespeed and go straight for fixed in the hope that I'll get used to it quicker.

I seem to get most of my scrapes when I'm off the bike or positioning at traffic lights etc.

Hopefully the bruises will fade before the grin does :angel:

As a follow up, and concurring post to redjedi's earlier, I had two punctures tonight. It seems that the Continental 'Ultra (:biggrin:) Race tyres are brilliant - their only downfall is when they are mounted on a bicycle wheel!

They are effing useless and will be sacrificially diced tomorrow night. Both are split and they have done maybe 1200kms in the past month...loose as a loose thing on the rims too - rubbish.

Oh, and as the second was near enough to Finchley Road Underground , I trained it, then gassed up to roll the 400metres or so from the station! Lazy, moi? :ohmy:

Useless, useless useless tyres.:smile:

Pasela TGs are your friend.

Nice bike, btw. I think that a lightish steel fixed with 'guard and rack capability is pretty much the perfect commuter for somewhere flattish. Not sure I'd have fancied one when I lived in Sheffield, but (other than the bit through my town, which goes up towards the N Downs), the biggest hill on my commute is up & over Clapham Common.

Given that I commute year-round, nearly 40km per day, my bikes need maintenance as things wear out. Good to have a modern bike that you can actually get spares for, rather than my old faithfuls which can take ages to get the right size parts.

Top Bottom