You naughty, naughty driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I've just read a bit of that site for the first time and am surprised at how anti-cyclist it is.

I've just read your post for the first time and am surprised at how gullible you are ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've just read a bit of that site for the first time and am surprised at how anti-cyclist it is.

They have occasionally hood-winked motorists too ;) which is the beauty of it.

Its quite interesting seeing the same roads that you know from someone else's perspective and at different times of day especially if its a problem that you yourself encounters yourself.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have read that the DoT doesn't allow a "except cycle" sign with a no-entry sign at the moment, although they are trialling them in some places.

Why you would need to trial such an obvious sign is somewhat beyond me, especially when the alternatives are less clear.

As mentioned, it seems some councils are trying other signs, whilst Haringey for instance seems to have no-entry with the cyclist sign underneath anyway.

And sorry - it is of course motor vehicles.

leytonstone high road is one place they are being trialled, very succesfully i may add. coming from green man itis posible to go in the cycle lane against the flow of motor vehicles. cuts ou a nasty junction with church lane and high road if you were to use the long way round

pshore

subaqua

What’s the point
There is currently trial in Cambridge of No Entry signs with except cycles.

More info here:
http://www.camcycle....ystreets/signs/

Story in the local anti-cycle paper:
http://www.cambridge...s-tried-out.htm

Confusing or not, drivers have passed a test indicating they understand these signs. Give 'em points or make 'em take the theory test again I say.

i never took a theory test in a car or did reverse parallel parking. should i retake my tests.

Top Bottom