YOU NEED A SS OR FIXIE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
just been for my first spin on my very highly geared SS soon to be fixie and bombing it along on a almost flat very slight uphill at 20 odd is just incredible and you feel much more energetic and smug then you do with gears
cycling has become alive for me! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed
P.S even better if you don't have someone (my bro) governing how many bikes may be kept in the shed at any one time (only one for me! :ohmy:)

L14M

Über Member
Or you pay the extra for gears?

screenman

Legendary Member
You had me all interested until you mentioned your speed and uphill bit. yawn!

I have had many fixed wheel and single speed and raced both over the too many years, all the bikes I now own have gears. I like hills, both up and down.

just been for my first spin on my very highly geared SS soon to be fixie and bombing it along on a almost flat very slight uphill at 20 odd is just incredible and you feel much more energetic and smug then you do with gears
cycling has become alive for me! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed
P.S even better if you don't have someone (my bro) governing how many bikes may be kept in the shed at any one time (only one for me! :ohmy:)
Any tips would be gratefully received.

D

Deleted member 1258

Have one with gears and one without!

I ride fixed for commuting and in the winter, I have a geared bike but keep it for summer Sundays.

Reactions: apb
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
You had me all interested until you mentioned your speed and uphill bit. yawn!

I have had many fixed wheel and single speed and raced both over the too many years, all the bikes I now own have gears. I like hills, both up and down.
why is that too slow? considering i have averaged about half that on my geared a while a go!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom