You need an Airzound on that!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Well christmas is closing up and the majority of things on my list are bike related. The most recent addition being an airzound.
For £18.99 on amazon, its a pretty good deal. If I dont get it then I will certainly buy it for my birthday on the 3rd Jan (I hate that). I have been meaning to get one for a while as it will be in a lot of use when I am out.

Whoever designed it was a god. So cheap and yet so affective.

Mozzy

Loving mine and if you need to you can adjust the volume. Still makes me jump when I need to give a good blast :smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Whilst the airzound is a great tool, i used one my self for some time.
I feel that in the wrong hands, a air horn can be used incorrectly and cause more harm.
Just like a bell.

Well christmas is closing up and the majority of things on my list are bike related. The most recent addition being an airzound.
For £18.99 on amazon, its a pretty good deal. If I dont get it then I will certainly buy it for my birthday on the 3rd Jan (I hate that). I have been meaning to get one for a while as it will be in a lot of use when I am out.

Whoever designed it was a god. So cheap and yet so affective.
I wish I had a Birthday on the 3rd of Jan, I'm a boxing day'er.
Personally, I'd rather concentrate on my riding than worry about blowing a horn, but thats my choice :thumbsup:

the snail

Guru
Personally, I'd rather concentrate on my riding than worry about blowing a horn, but thats my choice :thumbsup:
Seems to me that 99% of the time car horns are used to vent the driver's anger or some other illegal/stupid reason. In situations where I should use a horn I'm usually too busy taking evasive action and concentrating on staying alive.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Seems to me that 99% of the time car horns are used to vent the driver's anger or some other illegal/stupid reason. In situations where I should use a horn I'm usually too busy taking evasive action and concentrating on staying alive.

The highway code states that the use of the horn is just to notify other road users of your presence. Not to let out bursts of anger.
The same applies with the Airzound. It is a horn and should be used when you think other drivers are not likely to see you and need some form of notification.

Bicycle

The highway code states that the use of the horn is just to notify other road users of your presence. Not to let out bursts of anger.
The same applies with the Airzound. It is a horn and should be used when you think other drivers are not likely to see you and need some form of notification.

The Highway Code does say that, but people are people. Some cyclists feel the need to point out imagined weaknesses in the riding or driving of others - and even film themselves doing so. The thought of such a person having an air horn at his fingertips makes me slightly grateful I live far from... wherever it is in the Principality he might live.

I like a bell on a bicycle. I have been known to shout, but bells work for me.

Back in the 80s, cycle couriers often rode with a whistle on a string or between their teeth. Did that fashion die out?

I dislike airhorns on both bicycles and cars. I quite understand why people feel the need for them, but they are a little to shouty for me. In my (very) limited experience of hearing them used by cyclists, the volume control is often left on LOUD.

Jezston

Über Member
Whilst the airzound is a great tool, i used one my self for some time.
I feel that in the wrong hands, a air horn can be used incorrectly and cause more harm.
Just like a bell.

You aren't supposed to throw them at people's heads! ;)

I never put mine on my new bike because I felt it would look ugly on it. Only been a couple of times I've missed having it.

Can be easily set up to allow both.

On the recumbents it is activated by the heel of the hand.

The great thing about these is the ability to prevent. You know the driver edging out isn't going to give way, and the AirZound not only simply reminds them that you are there, but often attracts an audience which drivers hate!

the snail

Guru
Can be easily set up to allow both.

On the recumbents it is activated by the heel of the hand.

The great thing about these is the ability to prevent. You know the driver edging out isn't going to give way, and the AirZound not only simply reminds them that you are there, but often attracts an audience which drivers hate!
I'm not saying I'm not tempted...

Top Bottom