You really don't know how much you miss it until you can't do it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Only really got into cycling on a whim, when for my 18th birthday I was offered a road bike or a car from my parents - havign been a long distance runner for a couple of years. Problems began with the knees around march '09 on a club run just before my first road race - for which I felt I was extremely well prepared. Several black magic voodo dancers later and somehow I was back on my bike for a couple of weeks during the summer - managed to get a few weeks training in before entering a triathlon, and somehow, beginners luck no doubt, scraped myself into 3rd place for 18-21 year olds. A couple of weeks after this and knees hit the red zone again. Been off the bike since, to the point where I feel I am going insane. It really makes me realise how much I miss the sport, and how much I just want to race. Feeling particuarly annoyed over this today as my dad, who I used do the same running races with just completed yet another ultra marathon and my training partner who was very closely matched to myself (though a year and a half younger) has just joined on of the better ameteur racing teams in the country. Of course I am please for them both - but it still annoys me that I could potentially have been in a similar situation!

All I can say it, bring on the operation this july and get me back on my frigging bike!

Funny you say that...I stopped playing football in 1991 after constant knee trouble.

Noodley

Too true montage. I really should have gone out tonight when I could have, as there have been many times over the past few years when I have been in no state to have been riding....but I came up with an excuse not to go out :smile:

Top Bottom