You Sir, in the red people carrier, are a pillock!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Had a great ride this morning.. infact all week (the only other issue I've had is my first encounter with a proper iPed yesterday). However I'm riding hard and fast along Shirley road towards a traffic island, prolly about 25mph, a couple of cars have already passed and now I'm right on top of it when all of a sudden some prat in a red people carrier came blasting past me and swerved left towards me.

Instinct kicked in and I brake then swerve into the kerb. This numskull in a baseball cap nearly collided into the bollard and kerb to his right as he squeezed through in between me and the island. Again, instinct, I shout out "OI! STUPID BLOODY IDIOT!!!" and shake me head. :ohmy:

I regain speed and within 5 seconds I'm about 3 cars behind him at a red light. I had to fight the temptation to go up there and smack him one and scream at him. In the end I just thought "Dont do it, just leave it" and I then realise he's staring back at me so I shake my head at him again. It appeared his missus in the car was having a go at him.

F***ing right too. :ohmy::biggrin:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It's nice when they get a telling off from their boss innit.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Moodyman said:

It far and away made up for it imo. I hope she made his day hell.

Now that would make a good video!

No camera on me. Havent been too bothered with them at the moment, too much faff and I'd rather just ride at the moment. Might get a contourHD in a couple of weeks though as they're wireless and wideangle. Depends on finances though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Moodyman said:

And that's a telling off that could go on for days, as opposed to the few moments you might manage at the roadside....:ohmy:

downfader said:
I regain speed and within 5 seconds I'm about 3 cars behind him at a red light. I had to fight the temptation to go up there and smack him one and scream at him. In the end I just thought "Dont do it, just leave it" and I then realise he's staring back at me so I shake my head at him again. It appeared his missus in the car was having a go at him.

F***ing right too. :biggrin::thumbsup:

Should go give her a kiss, that would really piss him off more.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
She may have been berating him for missing you... you never know with some of the numbskulls out there. :biggrin:

My ride home tonight saw 2 full ASL blockers (we're talking 2 - 3ft over the front line!!) when no entry was required (i.e. no traffic queue, just laziness on their part) and 3 mobile phone users... one driving with hazard lights on, so that's okay I guess :thumbsup:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Sh4rkyBloke said:
She may have been berating him for missing you... you never know with some of the numbskulls out there. :biggrin:

My ride home tonight saw 2 full ASL blockers (we're talking 2 - 3ft over the front line!!) when no entry was required (i.e. no traffic queue, just laziness on their part) and 3 mobile phone users... one driving with hazard lights on, so that's okay I guess :thumbsup:

Have seen one mobi abuser in a month and thats it. Lots of ASL abuse though.

lanternerouge

Veteran
OK, what is ASL?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
lanternerouge said:
OK, what is ASL?

Advanced stop line/lane.. sometimes the L is replaced for a Z which means Zone..

Its the box at the lights cyclists can filter into for visibility and to avoid being left hooked when the lights go green when they get stuck at the side of traffic.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I told three people off for being on the phone today. All three shook their head at me and were going to ignore me until I pointed to the helmet camera, at which point they dropped the phone. BEAUTIFUL!!

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
BentMikey said:
I told three people off for being on the phone today. All three shook their head at me and were going to ignore me until I pointed to the helmet camera, at which point they dropped the phone. BEAUTIFUL!!

Epic.

If i see someone on the phone i avoid at all costs.

dav1d

Sh4rkyBloke said:
She may have been berating him for missing you... you never know with some of the numbskulls out there. :rolleyes:

My ride home tonight saw 2 full ASL blockers (we're talking 2 - 3ft over the front line!!) when no entry was required (i.e. no traffic queue, just laziness on their part) and 3 mobile phone users... one driving with hazard lights on, so that's okay I guess :sad:

I also saw two ASL blockers today (at seperate ASLs). Noticed your location - was it in Manchester? One of the ASL blockers had music blaring out and seemed quite oblivious to what they were doing, they drove straight into the ASL and further until they were over the white line.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
When some go into the ASL I wonder if they think they're triggering the lights. :smile: We used to have an odd behaviour locally until pointed out in the paper that flashing your headlamps at the lights didnt make the blimmin things change any quicker. The other one is slowly edging forward.. doesnt make them change but you wonder if they're thinking that. :ohmy:

Armegatron

BentMikey said:

The mrs was driving the other week and a car was behind her. She made a gesture through the back window for him to get off the phone and he ignored her. The lights went green and he overtook her (30mph zone so there was no need) and then stopped infront of her. He got out the car and went to her passenger door and said "you can start telling me what to do when your a copper" - back in his car and off he goes. Lots of traffic queued up because of this and thankfully she got his reg and reported him.

Ive personally found that women are more likely to stop using the phone when I point it out to them than men are. Also Ive noticed most men hold the phone to the ear, while women tend to use loudspeaker holding the phone infront of the wheel. :biggrin:

Top Bottom