You think you know, then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie

Errrr.....
There's a short, sharp climb on my ride home which is usually just a matter of spinning up and carrying on my way as my route has priority. At the top the road goes left (my route) or turns right just before the summit, which is a bus route.

Anyway, today the hill has temporary lights on red and I filter past the traffic and stop behind the bus at the front. After the lights go green the bus pulls away, I bonk off behind it (keeping pace :sad:), then the bus has to give way for the right turn. Eventually it lurches off after some grinding and crunching of gears.

It's only as I've rounded my corner and I'm on the flat that I realise this wasn't my finest moment. :biggrin:

Hmmm, tomorrow I'll get off and push if the lights are red. :blush:

Archie,

I might be daft here, but I don't quite follow what happened here. Are you saying that the bus forced you to stop when you wouldn't normally have to and you were in the wrong gear for the climb. The way you've written it it sounds like the bus had to crunch through the gears! :becool:

Tetedelacourse

I'm a bit lost too - sounds unavoidable what you did, unless you went in front of the bus at the lights which could have been more dangerous.

Not good being made to stop on a steep hill though!

OP
OP
Archie

Archie

Errrr.....
Nope, I didn't jump the red light, the bus was waiting at the front of the queue. I joined the traffic queue behind the bus and stayed behind it until it made it's right turn.

The point I was trying to make (clearly not well enough) was I'd put myself in a bad spot by staying behind the bus as it made it's right turn, as any rollback would have had me off, maybe under the bus. ;)

Have a look at this link: the bus would be starting from the top and turning at the white car.

BentMikey said:
You bonked off behind a bus in public? LMAO!

Glad you liked it. :biggrin:

Top Bottom