You'll have to be quick......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
£259 , what madmen is bidding that? Much cheaper options out there

On that scale of things, wonder how much it would cost to buy all the parts individually and build a Chopper :eek:.
Is there a danger of overtaking Brommie parts for lunacy?

Before I list my 3 speed, nut cruncher, Chopper gear stick, will take offers over 4 grand FREE POSTAGE to UK.
One at a time please people.

Gunk

Guru
On that scale of things, wonder how much it would cost to buy all the parts individually and build a Chopper :eek:.
Is there a danger of overtaking Brommie parts for lunacy?

The difference is that the Raleigh NOS parts are no longer available so I can see why some restorers will pay so much for that perfect last bit of detail. I have a NOS 1992 Honda Fireblade rear plastic mudguard assembly in the box and that is probably worth about £500 😮 as you won’t be able to buy another, I have also got a complete NOS tool kit, all sealed in the bags, again someone will pay a crazy amount of money for that last bit of detail.

However the Brompton parts on eBay are just taking the Michael, A Brompton dealer I deal with told me that they have a customer who buys about £200 of stock a week and just lists it all on eBay and Amazon at a premium. Every genuine Brompton part I’ve seen listed on eBay or Amazon is more expensive than buying direct from Brompton or their dealers.

The difference is that the Raleigh NOS parts are no longer available so I can see why some restorers will pay so much for that perfect last bit of detail. I have a NOS 1992 Honda Fireblade rear plastic mudguard assembly in the box and that is probably worth about £500 😮 as you won’t be able to buy another, I have also got a complete NOS tool kit, all sealed in the bags, again someone will pay a crazy amount of money for that last bit of detail.

However the Brompton parts on eBay are just taking the Michael, A Brompton dealer I deal with told me that they have a customer who buys about £200 of stock a week and just lists it all on eBay and Amazon at a premium. Every genuine Brompton part I’ve seen listed on eBay or Amazon is more expensive than buying direct from Brompton or their dealers.
I can kinda see why some would go to these extreme lengths, a completist would not rest till they had the last piece of the jig-saw. Just glad I wasn't born with that particular gene, I'd be skint for sure :laugh:. Chancers will always try to take advantage of these traits, such is life I guess.

D

Deleted member 26715

Looks like the last genuine bid was £60, even so I'd want the whole bike at that price last one I sold I got £12 for it, mind you it was pre 1976 as we moved out of that house in that year.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Damn, missed it :wacko::laugh:

Top Bottom