You'll never guess what team is going to be riding the Giro!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
That news came out a couple of days ago Steve, at least it shows that one of the 'big three' can recognise a complete change of management and riders. I just hope Contador and team can perform and get a good win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
Steve I made a mistake I was thinking of the Vuelta. To see them in the Giro as well would be really good although they will not have prepared for it very well at such short notice.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

What was interesting to me, in this context, was who was not invited... Team High Road.

Oops, sorry... thinking Vuelta too! :evil:

doyler78

I must admit I was completely caught by this one not least because of the wider message in regards to the whole politics in cycling at the moment between the Grand Tour organisers and the UCI. That leaves ASO standing on their own amongst the Grand Tour organisers which must feel like a slap in the teeth to them. I doubt it shows any real change in their opposition to the UCI however it does send a perhaps unintended message. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of months.

Now a TdF invite? Now that would be sensational and I think I would just end up having a stroke as my head would explode trying to work that one out. :smile:

OP
OP
Steve Austin

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
If they do well (which i suspect they will with Kloden, Contador and leipheimer) i expect they will get that TDF entry.

Tetedelacourse

I'm going to stick my tete out and say they will still not race in the TDF this year. Too much of a climbdown for ASO, both in terms of actual and perceived position.

Keith Oates

Janner
You could well be correct Tete, but there is just a chance that if all goes well on the Giro and Vuelta, ASO will lose some face and support. They may not climb down but they will be worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom