Young Eds' 15psi tyre! :O

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
here we go my rear tyre is defo at 15 psi pics and vid and all proof you want coming shortly
Cheers Ed

Peteaud

Veteran
I run my road bike rear at 110psi.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
my dear you have now made me drag my self 200m back down the barn to take some pics for you and then take a vid and then post it on here for you lot
hope you feel guilty! :P
Cheers Ed

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Have a read of this article about optimal tyre pressures at different widths and rider weights.
http://www.bikequarterly.com/images/TireDrop.pdf

15psi is a very low pressure for a tyre. The only riders who would normally even consider such low pressures are mountain bikers with very wide tyres and even then they would be worried about snake-bite punctures.

You posted in the other thread that your bike was what looked to be a 700c wheeled hybrid. I would guess with tyres around 35-38mm wide. I would suggest that if you really are riding at 15psi, you may want to try pumping that up to 50-70psi (check the tyre side walls for suggested min/max pressures). This will make your bike far easier to ride and far less susceptible to punctures and rim damage from potholes.

For some context, most road bike tyres will be 90+ psi in use (some 140+psi), most hybrid/touring tyres would be in the 50-100psi range and mountain bike tyres around 25-45psi IME.

Peteaud

Veteran

Top Bottom