Young Farmers Having Fun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Anybody else noticed the silage bale art in many fields just now? I've seen some real crackers as I've been driving around and it turns out it's part of a competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-41566009

Scottish young farmers' straw bale art finalists revealed

_91531830_cap1ture.jpg
rr-muzz-face.jpg

Nice to see stuff that makes you smile

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Anybody else noticed the silage bale art in many fields just now? I've seen some real crackers as I've been driving around and it turns out it's part of a competition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-41566009

View attachment 381445 View attachment 381446

Nice to see stuff that makes you smile
That's not impressive at all. Clearly the farmer didn't do itself himself, he just got his minions to do it ;)

Slick

Guru
Yeah, I've seen a few including the farmer wants a wife thing. Mostly around Perth and on the A9 to Inverness, good to see there's still s bit of humour in such a hard pressed industry.

Slick

Guru
Yeah, as in every walk of life there are gentleman farmers but as a friend of mine who works as an accountant for the NFU tells me , there are large swathes of farmers struggling. Who else sells there products at a loss and gave their price set by a marketing board?

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5024628, member: 9609"]there certainly are, hill farming, dairy, cattle, its a hard life for not much return - I was mainly referring to the arable in this area that enjoys some of the richest farmland anywhere, its just like a giant growbag, its big money[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that is true.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5024628, member: 9609"]there certainly are, hill farming, dairy, cattle, its a hard life for not much return - I was mainly referring to the arable in this area that enjoys some of the richest farmland anywhere, its just like a giant growbag, its big money[/QUOTE]
Just think about all the Whisky that the Barley will be turned into. :cheers:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nowt wrong with Lager, I enjoy a nice cold bottle or 10 of the old wifebeater Stella at a Barbie.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Saw a display up near Keith where the bales looked like spiders. Drainage pipes had been used to give them long legs and a mannequin of a farmer's legs and wellies was hanging out the mouth of one.

Top Bottom