Your A&E visits......funny or serious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
How quickly things change. Yesterday morning, laying carpets, shopping etc. Lunchtime my son and family come round, circa 2pm I start to feel pain in my back.
FFWD to 4pm, I'm in A&E having had two excruciating bouts of pain like I never had before, teeth gritting, in tears, rocking on the floor pain, each bout lasting 1/2 hour.
Two more bouts of pain in A&E, each getting more intense and lasting longer, 3 shots of morphine, 1 shot of IV paracetamol, 1.5 cylinders of entenox and a pain killer in suppository form...diagnosed with kidney stones. Moved to a ward at 4am this morning, looking to get a scan on monday.
Feel sickly with all the pain relief but they think its passed onto my bladder now so here's hoping...:whistle:

siadwell

Guru
How quickly things change. Yesterday morning, laying carpets, shopping etc. Lunchtime my son and family come round, circa 2pm I start to feel pain in my back.
FFWD to 4pm, I'm in A&E having had two excruciating bouts of pain like I never had before, teeth gritting, in tears, rocking on the floor pain, each bout lasting 1/2 hour.
Two more bouts of pain in A&E, each getting more intense and lasting longer, 3 shots of morphine, 1 shot of IV paracetamol, 1.5 cylinders of entenox and a pain killer in suppository form...diagnosed with kidney stones. Moved to a ward at 4am this morning, looking to get a scan on monday.
Feel sickly with all the pain relief but they think its passed onto my bladder now so here's hoping...:whistle:
Eek. GWS.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ooohh not nice.
GWS.

Ow, GWS.

postman

Legendary Member
Not quite A&E but still involves doctors, I am a veterinary nurse and our practice shares a car park with a doctors surgery. The doctors is slightly hidden round the corner of the car park which confuses some people, one of the local “characters “ came marching in one day loudly demanding to see a doctor NOW and wasn’t leaving until he had seen one, we let him carry on with his rant and he sat down to wait. Slowly it dawned on him where he was and he declined our offer of treatment He did apologise for the rant and left much happier than when he arrived.

Sounded like his bark was worse than his bite.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
GWS @gbb

Reactions: gbb

postman

Legendary Member
Not A & E but a hospital appointment.I felt a right divvy afterwards.I was going to have a camera down my throat it was to find out why i was having really bad acid reflux attacks.I was nervous.So the young Doctor sat me down and shone a torch down my throat.He said something like ,right that's ok.i stood up and said thank you,i thought that was the examination.He must of thought i was an idiot.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I
Not A & E but a hospital appointment.I felt a right divvy afterwards.I was going to have a camera down my throat it was to find out why i was having really bad acid reflux attacks.I was nervous.So the young Doctor sat me down and shone a torch down my throat.He said something like ,right that's ok.i stood up and said thank you,i thought that was the examination.He must of thought i was an idiot.
If they offer you sedation, take it...

Top Bottom