Your A&E visits......funny or serious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
When I had mine done the b@#%^*@ nurse told me "dont bother with sedation as it make no difference".
It was THE worst experience ever. I absolutely knew I was choking to death.
I agree.....take the sedation.
You're lucky, they can't give me any.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
A friend of mine suffered from Barrett's oesophagus and therefore needed regular endoscopies.

He was unphased by the idea before he had the first endoscopy done. After having gagging nightmares for months after that first one, he made sure they sedated him for all subsequent ones!
That's what I've got... so every 2 years I have to go in.

gbb

Legendary Member
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
Checked out of hospital Sunday 2pm. Home, sleep sleep sleep, every time I tried to drink let alone eat...vomit. more sleep, headaches, more sleep , more headaches.
So in the last 48 hours I've managed 1/2 a sandwich, a yoghurt (not a wise choice which was soon brought back with the sandwich. Even this morning a drink of water was summarily rejected by my stomach. Just managed some food an hour ago and drinking juice is ok now. Still have headaches.

I assume the amount of pain relief I had has upset my bodily systems, starting to feel a tad livelier on the plus side. Tomorrow sick again, no way I'm going back to work like this.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's what I've got... so every 2 years I have to go in.
When he told me about it before his forthcoming first endoscopy I thought that no way would I do the 'sword swallowing' thing fully awake, but he wasn't worried at all. The reality of course is pretty bad, unless one just happens to be a sword swallower.

PS To the 'usual suspects' ... It is now 2019, so I think we can despatch the rather obvious (and predictable) Linda Lovelace comments to the dustbin of history!

I have a tear in my lower aorta from a crash I had 6 years ago, going through a van door. Fortunately it was seen on the scan before I left hospital. I now need to have an ultrasound scan on it every 6 months to make sure it is not getting any bigger. As it is in such a rare place, every time I go for a scan, there are normally a few trainees there. Every time they ask me how I did it and tell me that I am an eception to the older generation they are used to scanning!
The funniest part of it for me, was feeling the doctor digging around in my forehead whilst I was in a and e, trying to dig out a few bits of glass. As it was under I local anaesthetic, I could not feel any pain, but could feel the digging against the bone. My girlfriend was watching and neraly sick as he was pulling up flaps of skinand digging around in it!

classic33

Leg End Member
As a kid. We'd a decent snowfall that morning, covered everything. Went to go into the front garden, over the fence. Shouted at to watch for the piece of the fence that had fallen/been pulled off, as it had nails in it.

I knew where it was, no problem. Found out exactly where the nail was. Went through the sole of the welly, my foot and out through the top of the welly. Taken to A&E with a 3 foot length of wood fastened to my foot.

5th March 1977. Coming home from swimming, walking back into town. Jumped up to touch the road sign outside Frank Fords(Think deep fat fryers). The next it's early morning on the childrens ward at the General.

I'd had a bout of Status epilepticus, around eight hours after jumping to touch the road sign. No recollection of events that put me into the A&E, or the transfer to the second hospital. The missing time spent on "autopilot" before I fell and hit my head. 'Starting the whole thing off".

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Top Bottom