Your advice please -- Genesis Crois de Fer or CdA?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotterdavid

Hello,

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice, please. I saw and test rode a Genesis CdA yesterday -- really impressed. I'm looking for a bike primarily for commuting, however it might stand in on a weekend ride if my main bike is being serviced, etc. I'm a fan of steel (probably completely spoiled by Columbus spirit/lite), and so I'm wondering if the CdF might be a better option for me.

I'm not that familiar with the CdF tubing (Mjolnir Seamless Double-Butted Chromoly apparently). I did ride a cheap Chromoly bike once and was not impressed. Are there any CdF riders out there who could advice, please? (I like the CdF frame colour, by the way).

Best regards,
David

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Hello,

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice, please. I saw and test rode a Genesis CdA yesterday -- really impressed. I'm looking for a bike primarily for commuting, however it might stand in on a weekend ride if my main bike is being serviced, etc. I'm a fan of steel (probably completely spoiled by Columbus spirit/lite), and so I'm wondering if the CdF might be a better option for me.

I'm not that familiar with the CdF tubing (Mjolnir Seamless Double-Butted Chromoly apparently). I did ride a cheap Chromoly bike once and was not impressed. Are there any CdF riders out there who could advice, please? (I like the CdF frame colour, by the way).

Best regards,
David
Most (quality) steel frames are CrMo (Columus included) Reynolds being the only ones to buck the trend with Mang/Moly 531-653-753 etc and now with Stainless 953 but they also use CrMo 725 etc.

Top Bottom