Your Bike and Luggage to France, Germany, Spain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All,

Starting in 2016 I hope to offer a service for cycle tourists who, like me, are fed up with the hassle of transporting bikes when going on holiday. I’ve had my fare share of woe in the past and we’ve all read of people trying to ride away from airports on bikes damaged by careless baggage handlers.

Instead, I can collect your bike and panniers and deliver them to your choice of destination—your first hotel, for example—ready for you to collect. At the end of your tour I will collect your bike and bags allowing you to return home with the minimum of baggage. Bikes will be transported without having to strip them down and will be well wrapped and strapped to ensure they are not damaged.

I’d like to offer a truly bespoke service including door-to-door delivery and on dates and to destinations chosen by you; however this would be costly. A cheaper option would be to service different areas one at a time in rotation throughout the season, each area being available to travel to for a couple of weeks at a time. Tackled like this I might be able to bring down the starting price for a bike and four panniers to under a hundred pounds return to destinations in northern France and western Germany with one-to-two hundred pounds being a likely figure for northern Spain, Switzerland, southern France and northern Italy.

I’d be very grateful for your help in telling me how you might use a service such as this; I’d particularly like to hear from cycle clubs.

Top Bottom