Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You get around on your ecclesiastical missions @uphillstruggler - not from anywhere those parts I think?

Some of us know that place very well - and it has been said on here I think, all roads lead to Chipping.

Folks shouldn't be allowed to call themselves cyclists if they haven't been to Chipping.

So congrats.

You get around on your ecclesiastical missions @uphillstruggler - not from anywhere those parts I think?

Some of us know that place very well - and it has been said on here I think, all roads lead to Chipping.

Folks shouldn't be allowed to call themselves cyclists if they haven't been to Chipping.

So congrats.

It’s a funny thing then, the reason being that I tend to look for Chipping as it’s signposted from ribchester but I always run out of time, so glad I actually made it this time although I hadn’t know of your cyclist thing

I travel a lot for work so usually take my bike if I’m away for more than a day or two which is why my churches are far and wide.

Whilst not a religious man, I admire the architecture and workmanship of religious buildings

I’m the same with pubs, although I do enjoy beer :laugh:

It’s a funny thing then, the reason being that I tend to look for Chipping as it’s signposted from ribchester but I always run out of time, so glad I actually made it this time although I hadn’t know of your cyclist thing

I travel a lot for work so usually take my bike if I’m away for more than a day or two which is why my churches are far and wide.

Whilst not a religious man, I admire the architecture and workmanship of religious buildings

I’m the same with pubs, although I do enjoy beer :laugh:
St Wilfreds Ribchester worth a look, 13th century, Grade I ^_^

Gunk

Guru
My newly built Ribble Deda EM2 outside our local 1950’s timber parish Church this afternoon

DACAC062-A3C2-4773-B5F9-887384C3A0F4.jpeg

Yapton, West Sussex. The Church of St. Mary.
Interesting porch...
94436DCB-C347-4320-B6F5-7F835231A09A.jpeg

Also, St Mary’s at Aldingbourne...
95345907-5C75-4F38-BD70-083D9262D89D.jpeg

I’m not sure why St Mary seems so popular in this area, but that’s no doubt my religious ignorance.

dwk789

I like looking at people's entries in this thread & wanted to make an enty of my own. However, I've had difficulty finding my local church- until now! It turns out the origonal church was demolished in 1975. You can still see the outline of it though in the grave yard. The 'church' is now a shared hall in a local primary school. All I have to do is master putting an image in. Made a mess of it the last time I tried to post. If it goes well the 1st image will be the school building church followed by the origonal demolished church.

20210227_105959.jpg

20210227_110605.jpg

Top Bottom