Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Definitely a pretty one at Crupies today - just a pity it too was locked, as I'd have loved to have seen inside.

View attachment 658939

Love those romanesque churches, often in really tranquil spots and so peaceful inside (when you can get in) ^_^
Got a piccy off web.
DSC4573-1024x678.jpg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Love those romanesque churches, often in really tranquil spots and so peaceful inside (when you can get in) ^_^
Got a piccy off web.
View attachment 658967

Ha, thanks. Looks like it's been extensively & nicely restored. The one at Comps is fantastic, and I did get in there last summer. If you're on Facebook, I put some photos there:
View: https://www.facebook.com/unanglaisendiois/posts/pfbid021ay747bPrfZcA46go9J1TS989w6LxszR7udSF4799ZHtBADw7yraPbSdUeDQUQu9l

All uphill

Still rolling along
Mbifo St Peter's Ilton, Somerset today.

20220902_105300.jpg

gtmet

Über Member
... in front of Saint Mary & Saint Edward, Barrow Gurney.

220902-0436 Barrow Gurney-St Mary & St Edward lych gate-sovereign.JPG

South door, south aisle with reredos by Zwinck of Oberammergau.

220902-0439 Barrow Gurney-St Mary & St Edward-S door.JPG

220902-0441 Barrow Gurney-St Mary & St Edward S aisle reredos by Zwinck of Oberammergau.JPG

Detail of nativity panel.

220902-0440 Barrow Gurney-St Mary & St Edward S aisle reredos by Zwinck of Oberammergau-nativi...JPG

W tower.
220902-0456 Barrow Gurney-St Mary & St Edward W tower-sovereign.JPG

Talking to a former churchwarden it seems that the during the ownership of the Gibbs family the south aisle continued as the family Roman Catholic chapel, possibly screened by a curtain from the adjacent nave. The church continues as the High Church end of the benefice.

Top Bottom