Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
St Mary the Virgin, Beech Hill, Berkshire.

st mary beech hill-134044.jpg

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
St Mary's church, Ufton Nervet, Berkshire

st mary ufton nervet-142346.jpg

Tizme

Veteran
Holy Trinity Church at Chantry, near Frome, yesterday:
DSCI0133.JPG

And another couple of shots (without bike) of St John Baptist & All Saints at Witham Fryery as I thought it was quite unusual:
DSCI0139.JPG DSCI0135.JPG

Unlikely to be many more photos from me until I have recovered from my, hopefully, imminent hip replacement surgery, as I could barely walk after the ride and incurred the wrath of my wife:sad:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Poltimore church, near Exeter.

The church is constructed of red sandstone with dressings of volcanic trap. The list of Rectors of the parish dates back to 1259 and the oldest part of the church is the west tower, which has a fourteenth century door and a peal of six bells that date from 1723. The rest of the church was altered during the restorations of 1879-82.
Actually, from the exterior, the Victorian 'restoration' looks relatively sympathetic, unlike many of the churches that the Victorians 'improved'.

img_20180312_162208279_hdr.jpg

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I love the door and its surround on the Church of St Michael, Cornhill. It stands on one of the oldest Christian sites in Britain, dating back to the Roman occupation. The current building was built by Christopher Wren in 1672, the tower was added in 1722 by Nicholas Hawksmoor, and was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1860
N6XJf1p.jpg

Top Bottom