Your Bike in front of a Church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
20220202_123731-jpg.jpg
Ah, the one with the external bell?

Large_IMG_1669.JPG

IaninSheffield

Veteran
St Luke's, Milber

Large_St Lukes, Milber.JPG

MBIFO the retired nominate chapel (the 1862 Methodist Free Church) on Chapel St in Grindleton (which is a fine and amusing name, fit to induce a grin)
View attachment 630354
hotbed of religious variety* that area.
Grindletonians.
Undercover catholics
Quakers - founding vision.

I took a pic of a problematical place in those parts quite a while ago amidst the plague - and took one of their very dodgy leaflets - must get around to posting if can dig out and snap the leaflet - if you don't get there before me.

* and then there's the Oranges are Not the Only Fruit folk over accy way.

cwskas

Über Member
I reported my last few rides on another thread, but have been looking for the opportunity to get a few pictures of this little church. It is on a pretty rough road and since it was near where my buddy & I finished today, I decided to continue and get a few photos.

Willie

Oh yes, had a Google. What a beautiful interior.
I discovered the inside by chance once when riding the bike - on a bike easy to stop for anything of course.

I sometimes think I have a sort of sixth sense vibe detector or something - I had ridden past it lots of times and had the vague feeling that there was something particular about it.

not sure I'd use the word beautiful to be honest - definitely striking though - gives you a real insight into the minds of earlier folk and the way the church terrorised them/kept them in line.

for anyone interested in seeing it, you can also get to it by London Transport if you are prepared for a bit of a walk - and Farthing Down is wonderful in itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom