Your bike in front of a gate pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Local apple orchard - future juice, pie or cider - all good:smile:

All uphill

Still rolling along
West Somerset today.

And the answer is "no". I don't have a dog.

Shropshire65LW

New lanes I explored yesterday only 20 mins from home

Bad Machine

In the garage .....
Is there a story to tell?

It would be impolite not to tell, since you asked.
I had been searching for a wide, long-armed underseat-steering handlebar for the rebuild of a Hase recumbent trike. I discovered that Zimmer frames are constructed from Al tubing of approx 22.3mm diam, and have some existing curves that could be put to good use in making a lightweight "U" shape. They crop up regularly on Bay of E, for a few pounds (maybe since Covid people seem wary of buying anything second-hand), and they have useful saddle-washers and end-plugs included. I've already cannibalised one for the project , and detailed that here ; the one pictured above will be converted into a rear rack, mudguard and light mounts. And for the record, no elderly people were left stranded on the park bench because some guy on a bike made off with their walker. Honest.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Gate to local allotments this morning.

I did have the Claud Butler up for sale, but have had second thoughts, a quick ride this morning confirmed that I need to keep it, it is one of the smoothest, nicest bikes I've ever ridden and the 5 speed Campag drivetrain is just lovely. It's a bike that I know in a few years time I'll regret selling. I'm going to keep it!

Gate to local allotments this morning.

I did have the Claud Butler up for sale, but have had second thoughts, a quick ride this morning confirmed that I need to keep it, it is one of the smoothest, nicest bikes I've ever ridden and the 5 speed Campag drivetrain is just lovely. It's a bike that I know in a few years time I'll regret selling. I'm going to keep it!

View attachment 544781
Don't blame you. That looks great. Lovely picture.

Top Bottom