Your bike in front of a gate pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Veteran
Gated road to Lower Shuckburgh. There are atually 5 gates, though only 2 were shut and someone very kindly opened the last one for me :okay:

DSC00010-2.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A nice early am gate just before Easton Maudit

Last edited:
it's not quite clear, but can I pass through here onto the Welbeck Estate d'ya think?

We have a 'Welbeck 'state' up here too, but it's rather different...............

https://www.fccenvironment.co.uk/waste-processing/landfill/welbeck/

IaninSheffield

Veteran
We have a 'Welbeck 'state' up here too, but it's rather different...............

https://www.fccenvironment.co.uk/waste-processing/landfill/welbeck/
Indeed, very different. But in the not too distant future, your Welbeck might become a more accessible public asset? The one down here will doubtless remain in the hands of the gentry, with access granted to we lowly plebs in the currently limited way ... provided we continue to tug our forelocks as we hurriedly pass through lest we catch a backside full of buckshot. :whistle:

Indeed, very different. But in the not too distant future, your Welbeck might become a more accessible public asset? The one down here will doubtless remain in the hands of the gentry, with access granted to we lowly plebs in the currently limited way ... provided we continue to tug our forelocks as we hurriedly pass through lest we catch a backside full of buckshot. :whistle:
It is meant to
That said, it was supposed to have been finished/filled-in/landscaped over 10 years ago, but it was extended
Plan to import potentially toxic soils to Wakefield landfill site given go-ahead despite almost 100 objections | Yorkshire Post

Isn't 'your' Welbeck where there were MoD facilities, training/offices/etc..
Or is my memory of a portion of (the Bill Bryson book) 'Notes From A Small Island' all to pot?

IaninSheffield

Veteran
It is meant to
That said, it was supposed to have been finished/filled-in/landscaped over 10 years ago, but it was extended
Plan to import potentially toxic soils to Wakefield landfill site given go-ahead despite almost 100 objections | Yorkshire Post

Isn't 'your' Welbeck where there were MoD facilities, training/offices/etc..
Or is my memory of a portion of (the Bill Bryson book) 'Notes From A Small Island' all to pot?
Your memory's spot on, though the MoD moved the college a while ago. Jo Public only has access to the income generating bits of the estate - a gallery, garden centre, restaurant, artisan food school etc. To be fair, it's quite a nice place to visit, and there are a few public footpaths through the estate.

Top Bottom