Your bike in front of a gate pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A bit of gate bling opposite Buck Pal at the entrance to Green Park in yesterday mornings sunshine. I like how the new hoardings are trying to mimic the gate style. I can imagine the contractor reporting back to his team....'so then Dave you know the drill, we've got to try and dress the hoardings while we're doing our work in the style of the gates, so our work can be seamless and we can be in and out without anyone noticing. Its just some black gates with a bit of brass effect on a leafy avenue in London, I'm sure you can find lookie-likie tarp down at B&Q'......'OK then Guv, show us a pic of the gate....You what!! You're taking the p**s Guv...
T1TQu6D.jpg

And this is really nice, in a mews directly off Regent Street. These gates aim to look like the workings of a pocket watch, as this area was a hub for watch makers in the early 20th century.
ddZE4kw.jpg

More info here: http://www.exemplar.co.uk/2014/age-instant-rona-smith/

D

Deleted member 1258

Todays coffee stop, Harveys Coffee Cabin at Twycross

20171024_110216.jpg

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 5014939, member: 9609"]
@Mr Celine so wheres this?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, lets see - Sturdy stone built church with first floor entrance to keep reivers out, so close to the border. Pantiles on the gate thingy, so near the coast, probably eastern Berwickshire. Hmmm

F*cksocks! That is half a mile beyond the point where I stop on my 'head into a north easterly wind for exactly 25 miles before turning round for home again' route, and a quarter of a mile from where I turn off if cycling to my brother's house.
Google streetview

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 5016306, member: 9609"]never been up to either of them, but at a guess Ashkirk or Lindean ?
of which I captured the pair tonight - but what gate am I in front of ?
[/QUOTE]

It's Lindean (officially I think it's called Selkirk) transmitter. I've never been up to the Ashkirk one either, mainly because I avoid cycling on the A7.

Your picture must be looking north west with the last of the sunset in the background, Ashkirk transmitter on the left and Lindean on the right. As we can't actually see a gate in your picture I'm assuming it must be a place name including the word 'gate' which must be located to the south east of the transmitters.
A stab in the dark (!) - Wildcat Gate on the Oxnam Road out of Jedburgh?

Meanwhile here's an easy one from my ride this evening. Not very sharp as it was cold and touch screens don't work well with gloves!

IMG_20171027_172355.jpg

Top Bottom