Your bike in front of a gate pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
8130D616-C3E1-4E6C-A9E0-652EEBDEEC3C.jpeg

The back gate to Holcot farm, on today’s commute.

:smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@PeteXXX I challenge you to find this set of gates in Finedon

IMG_20180528_070048410.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
DSC0006419.jpg

Between Kinnerley and Knockin this morning.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't be bothered to post the same photo in every 'Your bike in front of ..." thread, so I'll just do it in this one ...

My bike in front of a gate, next to a wall, with water in the distance, plus bonus mountains! :laugh:

View attachment 411382
I meant to tell you where that was ...

There seem to be 2 types of cyclist - 'Hillophiles' and 'Hillophobes'. (I think of a 'Grimpeur' as being a rider who is good at climbing rather than just enjoying it!) With the name 'Col', I had to like climbs, didn't I! :laugh:

So, when I spotted this very steep climb from the A496 near Harlech, I had to give it a go ... :whistle:

Steep Welsh hill near Harlech.jpg

Tough Welsh Hill.png

I knew that there is a gate across the road before the main climb so I used the first few kms as a warm-up. I went through the gate and found a good spot to take the photo, then remounted and attacked the hill, full-gas. Sheep scattered in terror as a cycling tornado swept past them, spraying a shower of gravel behind him ...

Ok, that isn't strictly what happened ... :okay: In reality, I engaged my grovelling gear and rode up as slowly as I could while still keeping my balance. There were sheep on the road ahead of me and I begged them to get out of my way because I knew if I stopped, I would never be able to get going again and would have to walk up! I made it, but it was very hard work. Great views from up there over to Portmeirion (of 'Prisoner' fame - you can see the beach that 'Rover' used to bounce around on at the start of each episode, smothering would-be escapees) and Porthmadog, with the mountains of Snowdonia in the distance and the hills of the Llyn Peninsula somewhat nearer.

Top Bottom