Your bike in front of...... Old Industry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Llanblethian today. The Factory was a woollen factory, producing Welsh Flannel. That is Old Factory House, I think the actual factory was the building you can just see the edge of at the right of the photo. The stream is called Factory Brook.
20230716_161153.jpg

Sallar55

Veteran
Flax or linen mill

PXL_20230720_110346219.jpg

Windle

Über Member
The bottom of Copley Chimney (atop a now wooded hill) which served the long gone Copley lead mill. After last weeks tiny ride to the bottom of the hill I decided to go back on Friday evening for a proper look. The small bit of woodland seems to have a network of (mostly) rideable trails too, although I'm not sure who it belongs to, possible Raby Estates. Edited for full chimney photo, 115 feet tall apparently!

GOPR0292.JPG

GOPR0290.JPG

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Sandy Rd Colliery, Todmorden Moor
230828 42 Sandy Rd Colliery, Todmorden Moor.JPG

230828 44 Sandy Rd Colliery, Todmorden Moor.JPG

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm enough of a railway enthusiast to know that engineer's wagon will be named after a species of fish, but not anorak enough to remember which one ^_^.

We have CC experts waiting in the wings to educate us 😂

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
For some reason I thought I was in the "you've died" thread. I've been looking at the pictures thinking "yeah, that could kill you, it could run you over/ you might fall in the canal and drown/ you might fall off that tower".

Top Bottom