Your Bike in front of or on a Train or Railway Station.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Rental bike outside Mechelen station in Belgium 🇧🇪.
Great system, 12€ for a years subscription then you pay either 1.50€ or 3.50€ for 24 hours depending on region.

IMG_20230207_130902.jpg

FrothNinja

Veteran
Rishton Stn
230113 27 Rishton Stn.JPG

gtmet

Über Member
New bike shed at Severn Beach station:

230116-1848 Severn Beach station-bike stands-sovereign.JPG

Probably the only occasion on which it will see a bicycle parked in it.

Apart from which, given the height and lack of sidewalls the roof must provide very little shelter, any shelter coming from the wall being to the west.

So why? Does it herald a push towards the travel model where, rather than take your bicycle on the train, you leave your bicycle at the station and travel to the other end of your journey where, as a commuter, you have your second commuting bicycle?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

View attachment 678306

Apart from which, given the height and lack of sidewalls the roof must provide very little shelter, any shelter coming from the wall being to the west.

So why? Does it herald a push towards the travel model where, rather than take your bicycle on the train, you leave your bicycle at the station and travel to the other end of your journey where, as a commuter, you have your second commuting bicycle?

Great café round the corner... 👍

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Especially for @Juan Kog
The backside of Hamtun Station..

View attachment 678650
Thank You. The Backside is more impressive than the front.
In the summer I do train out cycle back rides and get off at Long Buckby . I may risk getting off at Northampton instead.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

View attachment 678394

They have placed an even larger bicycle 'shelter' at Avonmouth station ( on the same branch line ), as you say it gives no shelter from the elements plus I certainly wouldn't lock my bike to it for any length of time in fear of it not being there on my return.... 😳

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
@Fab Foodie I once rode with you on a YACF Oxford to London night ride but I don't recognise you from the picture, but it must have been approx. 15 years ago.

Funny I always imagine members from their avatars.... 😂

Haha - you're not alone regarding avatars!
Gosh, good memory, I thought I still looked cherubic :laugh:. Must be the years of fine living, piling on the flab, turning 60 and the change of glasses :okay:
Loved those yacf Oxford to London rides, happy days...now struggling in Devon hills.

PS - am the one on the right :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak