Your bike in front of something missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

MBIFO the foundations for a new McDonald's in Burton Latimer on last nights ride.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got to look past the bike to see the issue

I don't think someone will be happy later .

gtmet

Über Member
MV Elbspirit approaching Battery Point Portishead inbound for Portbury. Riding very high despite the full deck load, which suggests it could be redistributing all those misplaced empty containers that are said to be holding up trade.

I was surprised how close to the shore the channel runs, emphasised by the telephotos, where the foreshortening gives a better impression of how it looked on the spot, particularly highlighted by the simultaneous passage behind the point of an outbound car carrier on the other side of the channel. So sea room is as lacking as cargo.

210306-139 Portishead point - MV Elbspirit for Portbury-Sovereign-picnic table.JPG

Last edited:

Solocle

Über Member
165AD211-1033-4FDA-AE42-6DEDA7B5C6F3.jpeg

What's missing here, apart from the gate being closed (in this orientation, it's invisible at night)...

is a start of motorway regulations sign!

Now, I really need to get up to Catthorpe some time, because they have a similar arrangement... but have used no motor vehicles signs. 🤦‍♂️

Willd

Veteran
The Catthorpe Interchange has now been completely re-modelled, with no local access, so there's no danger of getting on the motorway by mistake :wacko: and the pub's shut :sad:

1620810287467.png

Solocle

Über Member
The Catthorpe Interchange has now been completely re-modelled, with no local access, so there's no danger of getting on the motorway by mistake :wacko: and the pub's shut :sad:

View attachment 588320
No, that's what they want you to think...
1620814069435.png

Unless my eyes deceive me, that's a flying motorbike.
1620814132408.png

And it's the same with the M1.
1620814190961.png

Street view from the local roads does of course predate the remodel, so you have to view these from the motorway. Hence my desire to get up there and take some photos.

Sure, a gate is in the way, but that's true of Great Dun Fell.
13D77AFB-0FDA-4621-B23C-58CE87A97251.jpeg

I'd argue that putting up a no motors sign implies a right of access for cycles!

Last edited:
Top Bottom