Your bike in front of the Emergency Services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
2 for the price of 1 today

Howick Coastguard Rescue Station (although it's a lot nearer Craster than Howick)

DSCF1225.JPG

Craster Lifeboat Station

DSCF1226.JPG

2023_04_26_Mundenhof_09.jpg

New fire station tower in a village near Freiburg.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It was refurbished comprehensively before dibble and trumpton moved in and its supposed to be a very nice building.

Whether it was genuinely needed and worth raising the policing precpet on our council tax to pay for it was worth it is a discussion for the dark side.

Is the old police box on Abington Park still there, do you know?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not sure re Police box not one of my regular destinations but might have a trundle that way soon.

Never many cars parked or much life at Darby house

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It was on Park Ave, close to the Welly Road junction. Back jn the 50s and 60's it served a purpose, but we only used it for playing cards or darts on a night shift. It was fairly central so a good place to coop up.

March 2017....... apparantly
Not long after I'd bought the CGR

Ribble. CGR. Ambulance.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, that's the one. Another little bit of local history decaying.

There was a similar one by the public lavvies on Harborough Road opposite the big supermarkets (Sainsbury?) and one on the south west sector somewhere, I'll find out where that one was.

Edit - I'm told Harlestone Road, but that's the one bit of town I'm not familiar with so couldn't say where.

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes, that's the one. Another little bit of local history decaying.

There was a similar one by the public lavvies on Harborough Road opposite the big supermarkets (Sainsbury?) and one on the south west sector somewhere, I'll find out where that one was.

Edit - I'm told Harlestone Road, but that's the one bit of town I'm not familiar with so couldn't say where.

That's good then
Going through kingsthorpe late tomorrow in the car so will have a look.
Not sure about Harlestone road myself

Top Bottom