Your bike, in front of your other bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to have a flat barred mash-up using that same blue frame/fork and it was one of the best bikes that I've ever owned. I have always regretted selling it :sad:
Yes it's a lot better than it deserves to be, at the selling price (now discontinued, after a lot of years!!:eek::eek:)
A damned fine handling bike, that II could out-climb quite a few local triathletes on their full- carbons

The only real downside to it, was the inability to take any tyres fatter than a '23' with mudguards:wacko:

bitsandbobs

Über Member

Well mines in front of some and behind another. Our family parking lot.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Yes it's a lot better than it deserves to be, at the selling price (now discontinued, after a lot of years!!:eek::eek:)
A damned fine handling bike, that II could out-climb quite a few local triathletes on their full- carbons

The only real downside to it, was the inability to take any tyres fatter than a '23' with mudguards:wacko:
Yes, I recall that problem too.. Mine was a stealth version as the shop that built it up (Quinns in Liverpool) were obviously not prepared to leave the Ribble decals on it 'despite admitting it was one' but wouldn't add their own either as they had used most of my own parts.. I think every part had been renewed in the 5yrs that I had it.

Baldy

Über Member
Ok, my garage is a bit of a mess but here you go. Not the best photo's.

UCP0Mh.jpg
NmXquD.jpg
0vFFsL.jpg

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Nice.

An off topic prompted by the image. There seems to be a fabric loop hanging on the hubs of the bike in the middle, are they meant to keep the hub clean? Coincidentally I was reminded of them the other day when I was cleaning the hubs in my road bike, that kind of loop was very common when I was growing up, but haven't seen them for maybe 30 years.
Hub cleaners innit. I made them myself from some felt.

C R

Guru
Yep, that's what I remembered, when I was a kid lots of bikes had them, made of rope from a rope lighter. Just an intersting coincidence that I thought about them and the fact that I hadn't seen them for 30 years and then there they were in your photo.

D

Deleted member 1258

This picture is from 2014, the Pearson with the black saddle and the rack is mine, a bike I no longer own. The ocasion was a forum ride, a 108 mile fixed wheel ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom