Your bike in front of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Just got home and or

Policies may have requirements in the very small print. Such requirements may specify level of security rating and locking your bike to a suitable anchor (ground or solid wall) inside a suitably locked and secure garage or shed. Such anchor and chain may have a sold secure rating depending on the value of your bike. Failure to have that rated security system invalidates your insurance wrt that bike. Or it may depending on loss adjuster or insurance company decision. The insurance isn't worthless but failing to meet the minimum security requirements is worthless. You are responsible for meeting any restrictions or requirements of your insurer, also responsible for understanding them.

I stand by my comment. Everything you've written above is obvious (as if you think I'm stupid or something? :wacko:). If a policy requires the bike to be locked and anchored even though it's already in a locked building, it is worthless to me and I wouldn't choose it.
I chose BIKMO, whose locking requirements do not fall into that category. Had your friend insured with this policy, they would have paid out.
https://bikmo.com/documents/UK.RIDE.V10-policy-wording/

alchurch

I try to only leave my bike in places I can keep an eye on it, and get to it fast. I am the sort of person who locks his bike goes in a cafe and finds his bags, wheels and head unit missing when he returns. garden centre cafes often have a secluded area to leave a bike, no guarantee of course .

Jody

Stubborn git
I sometimes think we need to be cautious with the details of what we produce online

I've recently started to see if I can find where random people live based on the starting point of "bike stolen" posts on Facebook and I'd say approximately half can be located based on a Facebook profile and the linking to Strava, coupled with bad security on settings on Strava.

Remarkable that people put so much info on line without considering who can see it.

As a thief you only have to set up a fake profile with a random cyclists picture you find on Google, join a load of cycle groups, then sit back quietly and wait for people to post.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad to see no genuine pics yet of bikes in front of their owners homes. I hope my pic', of two of my three bikes sat on my stairs (they haven't moved for 21 months, so you'll have to do with an inside, not outside the house pic') will inspire others to post. My identifiable features speak for themselves! That ball hasn't been pumped up for ages, rather like my bikes tyres! :whistle:

1640228336031.png

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sad to see no genuine pics yet of bikes in front of their owners homes. I hope my pic', of two of my three bikes sat on my stairs (they haven't moved for 21 months, so you'll have to do with an inside, not outside the house pic') will inspire others to post. My identifiable features speak for themselves! That ball hasn't been pumped up for ages, rather like my bikes tyres! :whistle:

View attachment 623274

That looks like it’s Accrington

Top Bottom