Your bike with upgraded wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
If you upgraded the OEM wheels, post a pic.
If you assembled a bike from parts, post a pic.
Describe what wheels you chose and why.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a Genesis Croix De Fer 20 and changed the wheels this week for a set of Hunt SuperDura Dynamo Disc wheels with a SON 28 hub. I have Schwalbe G one speed tyres on it.

I chose the wheels and tyres for fast long miles over all surfaces. The tyres are tubeless. I wanted the SON 28 dynamo for lighting and charging all my gear whilst touring. I have only ridden about 100km on them up to now, but am very pleased with how they perform. They are so much faster and lighter than the stock Alex rims. I think it adds about 4km an hour to my speed, for the same amount of effort. They roll along beautifully.

For me, it was an expensive investment. But I think it will be worth it.

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/coll...eelset-120kg-rider-weight-1939g-24deep-25wide

raleighnut

Legendary Member
As soon as I saw these I 'had to' have a set but by the time I'd scraped enough dosh together they'd been reduced :becool:

DSCN0056.JPG
DSCN0052.JPG

Roval Classique Pave

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
IMG_20170528_122554608[1].jpg
drop bar mtb.jpg

Boardman team carbon with superstar components lightweight wheel set approx 1500 g according to the blurb, at £184 at the time a bargain and my bastich drop bar mtb for winter commuting.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Image3.jpg

Not exactly OEM, as the bike was built entirely by me. this is the second frame these wheels have been on

Wheels are Hope Pro 4 on Mavic XC-717 Disc and built by Merlin Cycles.

I needed something that could take a pounding, but was also easy to maintain and convert to different axle types

ChrisEyles

Guru
@raleighnut I love the high flange hubs on those wheels. Didn't know they made them like that any more!

kyuss

Veteran
My cheap TT bike wearing its new boots. I was initially just going to run this with the box section Planet X wheels that came off the road bike (that also donated most of its parts for this) and keep an eye out for a cheap deep section front wheel, but Ribble had these Vision Team 35's for £138 so it made sense to pick them up. Not sure if they are deep enough to be any faster than a standard rim, but they look the biz. The rear is just a DIY wheel cover I made from some high impact polystyrene.

UtQGEMy.jpg

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
That Bianchi looks stunning ! :bicycle:
Lovely looking bike, handle good ?
I'll keep an eye out for you if I'm riding in Suffolk , love to see that bike in person ..

Top Bottom