Your Camping Trips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
A couple of weeks ago, now, but I forgot to mention it..
Headed off to Southwold for a couple of days of mind-clearing peace & quiet. Overnight, in 'my' field, the Milky Way was visible; first time I've seen it in ages!

It was Bonnie's first time camping and she settled down quite nicely onher bed that I'd taken.
DSC_8537.JPG


Several long walks (she's OK for 5 miles but don't like to wear her out too much 🤗) along almost deserted stretches of beach at sunrise..

DSC_8563.JPG


DSC_8585.JPG


DSC_8571.JPG


Eating Al Fresco was novel for her, too, and she thought that she'd like some of my sirloin 😂
DSC_8541.JPG


DSC_8524.JPG


Southwold is a lovely place but it does fill up with tourists (including me, but I only went into the town when it was early..
DSC_8516.JPG

Her first time in a ferry, too!

DSC_8603~2.JPG


DSC_8612~2.JPG

I did take the Brommie & rode a few miles around the area & managed, I'm sure, to lose my Wahoo 😢 when I was back to the car..

All in all, though, a lovely couple of days with a chilly night in the tent.
Must go again.. Possibly in a week or two if the mild weather holds.
 

simongt

Guru
Location
Norwich
she's OK for 5 miles but don't like to wear her out too much 🤗
Unless she's an oldie, Chris Packham reckons that any 'normal' dog regardless of size, can walk the legs off a human - ! ^_^
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Unless she's an oldie, Chris Packham reckons that any 'normal' dog regardless of size, can walk the legs off a human - ! ^_^

She's a 4yr old Bischon Frise.. We did 6½ miles today but I doubt she'd be happy with 12 or 13 which is where I max out 😂
 

katiewlx

Senior Member
A couple of weeks ago, now, but I forgot to mention it..
Headed off to Southwold for a couple of days of mind-clearing peace & quiet. Overnight, in 'my' field, the Milky Way was visible; first time I've seen it in ages!
Southwold is a lovely place but it does fill up with tourists (including me, but I only went into the town when it was early..


All in all, though, a lovely couple of days with a chilly night in the tent.
Must go again.. Possibly in a week or two if the mild weather holds.

down by the old harbour ? theres also a campsite across the river at Walberswick, but people keep moaning that the new site the landowner has set up isnt a patch on the old one, but I never tried the old one,not likely to try the new one either, but I often wonder if peoples expectations are much higher than the reality because they expect more like a luxury campsite for Walberswick, whereas the Southwold one is just a regular campsite, I dont know.

and yeah it gets full of tourists during the summer :smile: though I think Aldeburgh is worse for that, but lots of holiday lets and 2nd home owners,do make the place seem to lose its identity in the summer months at least, gets quieter in autumn through to early spring.

but whilst the days are still warm enough & pleasant though Ive noticed the increase of rain showers at least, its definitely pack a mac season, I think the camping seasons ended, at least for fair weather campers like me :smile: the temperature really dips on the coast here this time of year, especially with the near constant coastal breezes, and higher humidity just means everything feels damp constantly.
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
@katiewix My requirements of a campsite are few.
Somewhere away from traffic noise, clean loos & washing areas & allows BBQ's and open fires.

That's about it, really. Flat pitching places helps. Apart from tgat, I'm not usually bothered. I don't need (or use, if they're there) 'amusements, bars, pizza hubs yada yada yada..
 
Top Bottom