Your christmas tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Here it is. £60 worth of tree sitting in a bucket of water, ready to be decorated later this week.
Always worth giving it a good drink before you bring it inside

IMG_2874.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine will go up on Christmas eve and will come down on twelfnight.

Mike_P

Guru
Sainsbury's raided this afternoon and a clip on Robin found perfect for the top of the artificial pop up tree that is too close to the ceiling. It's atop a small table behind the TV that has a couple of vertical power point extensions under it. To balance it two legs are on a old monitor stand which is sat bridging between the table, with a book to take up to the height difference. and the TV stand while the third is supported by a pair of small storage boxes.
IMG_20231204_174703.jpg

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I personally wouldn't bother, but think I'll be over ruled soon.

Last year we had a 6ft tree that was a touch too large, will go get a 5 ft one if I am forced to later this week :rolleyes:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We've rearranged rooms and furniture and haven't left a gap for the big tree, so it's a new table top 4ft model this year.
PXL_20231205_064838851.jpg

potsy

Rambler
I put some lights up yesterday, just some battery powered fairy light jobbies which turn on automatically for 6 hours per day.

That'll do.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought myself a cardboard fold away tree this year. It saves all that dressing it up and needles on the floor hassle!! What do you reckon to it?!

May be an image of christmas tree and text

What do you mean it looks like a Tesco one!! 🧐

nc_ohc=0TQMZQ44qpgAX_v6tUU&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Julia9054

Guru
I haven't had a Christmas tree for years. I'm too tight to buy one and I generally think they're a bit of a faff. I have a contorted willow tree in the garden so I bring in some branches and decorate those.
My dad died in September. He absolutely loved Christmas and always had the biggest tree it was possible to fit in so in his memory, I'm going to get a tree this year. Dad had a great sense of humour and his tree was always decorated with sticks of Wrigleys chewing gum hung on threads. My sister and I used to love guessing which were empty and which were still full.
I found out they've stopped making it and I've had to buy some from Indonesia!
I'll post a picture of my efforts here when it's done.

My efforts.
The chewing gum packaging has changed

20231217_145544.jpg

20231217_145557.jpg

Top Bottom