1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by RedRider, 30 May 2016.

1. dim

dim Guest

posted on another thread, but I'm happy with this pic from today's ride..... was a nightmare as many of the roads were country lanes running between farms .... narrow and large deep potholes every few feet.... left home and the fog had lifted .... as soon as I started climbing the hills, I encountered very heavy fog, added to the fact that the roads were wet.

I got halfway and the lane that I was travelling on, had a barrier and a notice saying that it is closed ... I had enough, so I set my garmin to take me home

I spent the whole week planning this route on ridewithgps .... It was supposed to be 90km long, but I ended up riding 63km with 550 meters of climbing ...

When I dragged the little man on all the whole course, and I thought it looked like a fast route on very quiet lanes with decent roads .... it's a very good course if you have a mountain bike or cyclo cross though

Here's a photo showing some of the dense fog 3NkhWRp4vQN3-SphdT1Hy_zVveKIP3-RsDaMisMP3Vc-2048x1536.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mudrock

mudrock Über Member

A double like for that .

GGJ likes this.
  3. RedRider

RedRider Pulling through

Outside the national portrait gallery...
    IMAG1429_1.jpg

4. Bicykell

Bicykell Active Member

Not a wall at all. eq20 (1 of 1).jpg

RedRider and grecinos like this.
  5. beastie

beastie Über Member

Wall plus water...Ullswater to be precise IMG_0153.JPG

6. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

7. mudrock

mudrock Über Member

Nice bike :okay:

Doing some research about your bike and I came across the bikeradar forum,

back in 2013 some guy with a user name of
    47p2, posted some photos,
    Looks just like yours?

Great looking bike.

8. Mireystock

Mireystock SIip-slidin' down Big Pig...

9. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Old bike, old wall.

Ride_zps4kecikyp.jpg

10. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

And another.

DSCN0552_zps2cbf1600.jpg

11. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Über Member

IMG_1764.JPG There's this, totally bombproof and ugly but I like it a lot

odav, KneesUp, booze and cake and 3 others like this.
  12. RedRider

RedRider Pulling through

I guess it fits some definitions of a wall as well as a window...
    IMAG1506_1_1.jpg
    The glints behind the bars and saddle are from the copper-bottomed hull of...
    IMAG1507.jpg

13. uphillstruggler

IMG_1800.JPG And this, but the wall is more of a bridge. The path you see will likely become a part of the Oxford to Cambridge rail line so I wanted to ride it before it disappears

14. mudrock

mudrock Über Member

15. uphillstruggler

I'm interested in that I'm concerned about the government plan is to hand it over completely to private companies, obviously after the tax payer has paid the private consultants to pretty much organise the plan.

In my humble opinion , the traveler would get a better deal if it was kept as a public non profit making line with any surplus being re-invested back to keep it well maintained but that is probably a title for a thread in sc & p.

The leg of the path we rode on that day is lovely but hard going due to it being mainly still ballast and I was on 35mm cycle cross tyres, I'd say an mtb would be slightly more suited.

You really do get a feeling of remoteness for the most part, if you're local, try it.

RedRider and mudrock like this.