Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I forgot to add these from my ride last week. Windsor Terrace, Islington, called the London Terrace and from 1985
IMG_20170222_145554_zpsfvqltdze.jpg

This wall was done by the neighbouring book shop off Old St to entice us in to buy their wares
IMG_20170222_142611_zps5rljmca2.jpg

IMG_20170222_142642_zpsur1yrtzj.jpg

This Banksy graffiti wall in Ladbroke Grove has been covered in perspex to prevent it being vandalised or smashed down and sold on Ebay
IMG_20170228_151709_zpsjjplepmt.jpg

And this is also in Ladbroke Grove
IMG_20170228_152330_zps6hjzkhpo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
I love the acid one @booze and cake

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
The Chelsea Arrrr-ts Club
20170306_193826.jpg
20170306_193631.jpg

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
I went past this Chaffinch today in Loughborough Junction, and noticed it was opposite the Mohammed Ali one Redrider posted a while ago. I did wonder if it was by the same person who did the 'Acton owl' I found from page 31, and a quick google reveals it is, done by someone called ATM, who has painted a number of birds around London I shall try and find over the coming months.
View attachment 340326
Also on the bird theme is this impressive one in Brixton
View attachment 340327
Here's a Marilyn just off Brick Lane
View attachment 340328
I also saw these two next to each other in Shoreditch
View attachment 340329
It looks like LSD was involved in the creation of this one
View attachment 340330
Just round the corner from those in Bacon St they very aptly had a pig
View attachment 340331
And just up from that was this
View attachment 340332
I had no idea who Charlie Burns was, but after googling when I got home I found out more. I loved this moving tribute to a local legend, worth a read.
http://spitalfieldslife.com/2012/03/27/so-long-charlie-burns/
Only just clicked on the Charlie Burns link. He met all the notorious characters... the Krays, Julie Garland, the Pope... something tells me the stuff we don*the know of this guy is even more interesting than thej storieso he told.

Anyhow... the old Brixton Cycles building tumbles...
IMAG1757.jpg

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
Only just clicked on the Charlie Burns link. He met all the notorious characters... the Krays, Julie Garland, the Pope... something tells me the stuff we don*the know of this guy is even more interesting than thej storieso he told.

Anyhow... the old Brixton Cycles building tumbles...
View attachment 341660
A follow up to the old BC shop. The new BC shop with the wall of names...
IMAG1734.jpg

I'll get a better one of that so you can read your name if you took part in the crowd funding thing.

And here's one the marmoset from deptford will know...
IMAG1758_1_1.jpg

U

User32269

_20170311_163459.JPG

Against the ruins of Norris Green Mansion, Liverpool. The mansion was built in 1830 on the site of the previous 17th century mansion built by the Norris family. This is what gave the area its name.
It was demolished in 1931. There is only the garden wall and an arch remaining. Given the areas well documented drug issues, I like the fact that a Latin inscription survives on the arch:
ALTE VOLO ("I fly high").

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
View attachment 341885
Against the ruins of Norris Green Mansion, Liverpool. The mansion was built in 1830 on the site of the previous 17th century mansion built by the Norris family. This is what gave the area its name.
It was demolished in 1931. There is only the garden wall and an arch remaining. Given the areas well documented drug issues, I like the fact that a Latin inscription survives on the arch:
ALTE VOLO ("I fly high").
I like a man who 'likes' a wall! I fly high indeed, also close to Alte Velo. Looking forward to some more Liverpool examples :bravo:

Top Bottom