Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_20170415_072717887.jpg

All ready to ride to Goodwood for breakfast yesterday morning.

And... at Goodwood.
(There is a wall behind that hedge, I
IMG_20170415_094933839_HDR.jpg
swear.)

@uphillstruggler

All Saints church, Stradbroke, Suffolk.
I love the way the flint had been knapped around the door.

View attachment 348847
View attachment 348848

Thanks @Dave 123

Magnificent

The use of flint always impresses me.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
....and here's a bit of local history I found out yesterday, a Camberwell Beauty (Nymphalis Antiopa) is a large striking rare immigrant butterfly from Scandinavia and Central Europe that was first described in the country from a pair found in August 1748 in Cool Arbour Lane Camberwell, now Cold Harbour Lane Brixton I think.

In certain years there are occasional fluxes of Camberwell beauties, such as 1846, 1947, 1976, 1995 and 2006, where individuals have been reported throughout Britain. At least 57 were reported in London during the long hot summer of 1976, and subsequently others were recorded at south Croydon, Kew, Epping, Loughton, Isle of Dogs, and the Euston Road in the early 1980s. However, individuals can also be brought in through timber imports from Scandinavia - indeed the Coldharbour Lane sighting might have arrived via such shipments.

Since reading about that I realised references to this rare local celebrity were still about. Camberwell has a Butterfly Walk Shopping centre
P1000043_zpsx50nt9wc.jpg
....which you can see has a butterfly mosaic above the Superdrug, seen here in more detail:
P1000042_zpsbjgrwqlj.jpg

There is an even bigger mosaic above the cycling underpass in nearby Burgess Park, so I thought I'd go and photograph that too.
P1000045_zpsmsk6vqnr.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A photograph with a sting in the tail!!

I cycled into Hollowell today, and spotted a lovely old barn wall in dire need of a bicycle leaning on it.

IMG_1309.JPG

When I got close, I noticed the wall was appearing to writhe in the Spring sunshine..

IMG_1311.JPG

Turns out that the whole wall is a mahoosive beehive :eek:

Luckily, bees don't bother me much, so I got in for a close-up. Every hole had bees flying in and out..

:smile:

Top Bottom