Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
IMAG1940_1.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Ah, yes, I was just wondering where that big Camberwell Beauty was, it's on a bridge over the old canal route, isn't it?

I don't know if its an old canal route but its directly above the cycling and pedestrian underpass in Burgess Park that goes under Wells Way, here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...334.54214&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

This from Herne Hill
P1000379_zpsymvk9o9k.jpg

and this from Camden, as colourful as ever.
P1000410_zps0zvlatgh.jpg

dfthe1

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Looking good with all your Mural Finds.....have you ever thought of doing a ride visiting the best or most .... bet there would be a demand ???

Thanks, not sure I'd be confident at leading a ride around central London, they are quite spread out, it could turn into quite an epic.... and knowing London lots will be repainted over before you can get back round to them. There are a few spots in Brixton, Walthamstow, Acton and Camden where the Council's seem to allow it though.

I'm currently spending a large chunk of my spare time trekking around London photographing Champion Trees, and I was thinking about maybe drawing up a series of spring/summer/autumn/winter, short/medium and long rides that visit some of London's best ones, when they are looking their most splendid....but I don't really know anything about trees, so there's a fair bit of work and learning required on my part to find them, and to learn what times of year certain trees look their best, so more likely next year before I get them finalised.

As part of that I've just started tracking down all of graffiti artist ATM's bird drawings across London, I've already done his Barn Owl in Acton and the Chaffinch in Loughborough Junction previously in this thread, so who knows maybe I'll get round to drawing up a list of all the locations I've visited so far if people are interested. I usually GPS my rides so even if I have'nt previously listed exactly where each one is I could look back and find them.

booze and cake

probably out cycling

Ah cool, I knew about the Leinster Terrace one. I don't think this is a cover for an exciting subterranean world or anything, more like an old building being demolished to make space for a new one, and maybe as part of the planning they have to retain some original frontage? I'm just totally guessing there though, maybe that will be gone by tomorrow. I was just cycling past, and thought 'ooh an interesting cycle in front of wall opportunity' ^_^

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Its official, I've been going crazy chasing walls this week.

I should post my ride from yesterday in here as it was full of good walls, to many to fit into one post.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-4791454
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-4791456
Today I found some absolute crackers too, some of the best I've seen. I knew there was lots of art works around the Chalk Farm Estate, but some of it is behind secure, residents only access gates, so I thought I'd investigate this afternoon to see what I could find. Definitely worth the trip. Continuing yesterdays theme, another bird...OK so its more of a door than a wall, but a door is just a wall with hinges^_^
P1000977_zpsiqnapzuz.jpg

P1000993_zpsfiiriv3g.jpg

Mr Potatohead tries space travel
P1000990_zpsntsq8nln.jpg

P1000967_zpswrqlkkit.jpg

I love this
P1000963_zpsbwxguldi.jpg

OK I've found the beer....but its being guarded by a big scary lion
P1000973_zpsrxc6wpwx.jpg

Hidden away in the shadows I almost missed this, wow!
P1000982_zps0fzdkyj5.jpg

My next trip was over to glamorous Penge. On the way there was a Amy Winehouse wall in Camden, I was'nt sure if this has been posted already or if its just by the same person who did the one @RedRider posted in Brixton recently, it looks like it.
P1000995_zpsx0emhdpx.jpg

Penge had some hidden treasure, a real surprise. Top quality stuff around Maple Rd and Southey St
P1000953_zpsyy9kabeb.jpg

This one of a boy peeing in the corner, even has its own 'PPTV' camera prop accompanying it, brilliant!
P1000952_zpscq0bkoxz.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom