Your cycle in front of a wall pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Spurling Rd, Dulwich
P1010112_zpsqs43qqa6.jpg

Lordship Lane, Dulwich
P1010124_zpsz258hcrl.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That Welsh railway station. You know, the one with the really long name ...
upload_2017-5-11_11-0-43.png

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I managed to find the locations of some more graffiti birds by ATM that I went searching for in my ride linked up thread.
I'm not sure if this is one of ATM's, it looks like one of his, and if not is still good enough to include. Kingfisher in Frogley Road, Dulwich.
P1010114_zpsiu8rxody.jpg

Right across London now to a Goshawk on the end house of Rensburg Road in Walthamstow
P1010334_zpsfrcuitfp.jpg

Then a Lapwing on Langham Rd in Turnpike Lane
P1010348_zpsitay6c9c.jpg

There's a Bullfinch on nearby Waldeck Road
P1010343_zpsn9h4zpon.jpg

....opposite which is this
P1010347_zpstmjqvv3c.jpg

And on Coppermill Lane Walthamstow I found a whole flock!
P1010329_zpsgctn1fil.jpg

That's all the ATM birds I know about, I applaud his effort and enjoyed my few days bird spotting. All those birds, makes me think of...,
P1010120_zpsshlbucte.jpg

...although with the knife and tomato ketchup providing the 'claret', I assume this is a reference to Psycho not The Birds, points deducted^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through

Thanks, not sure I'd be confident at leading a ride around central London, they are quite spread out, it could turn into quite an epic.... and knowing London lots will be repainted over before you can get back round to them. There are a few spots in Brixton, Walthamstow, Acton and Camden where the Council's seem to allow it though.

I'm currently spending a large chunk of my spare time trekking around London photographing Champion Trees, and I was thinking about maybe drawing up a series of spring/summer/autumn/winter, short/medium and long rides that visit some of London's best ones, when they are looking their most splendid....but I don't really know anything about trees, so there's a fair bit of work and learning required on my part to find them, and to learn what times of year certain trees look their best, so more likely next year before I get them finalised.

As part of that I've just started tracking down all of graffiti artist ATM's bird drawings across London, I've already done his Barn Owl in Acton and the Chaffinch in Loughborough Junction previously in this thread, so who knows maybe I'll get round to drawing up a list of all the locations I've visited so far if people are interested. I usually GPS my rides so even if I have'nt previously listed exactly where each one is I could look back and find them.
Some great stuff @booze and cake . You should consider an instagram account if you don't have one already and if you fancy meeting up for some booze maybe we could put together a CC wall ride for late summer??

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Some great stuff @booze and cake . You should consider an instagram account if you don't have one already and if you fancy meeting up for some booze maybe we could put together a CC wall ride for late summer??

^_^Thanks. Instagram? Crikey no I hate all that social meediya, I 'de-activated' from Facebook about 5 years ago as I reached saturation point with pics of peoples lunches and baby snaps and could'nt even feign interest any longer:whistle:. ...and don't even get me started on Twitter. I have renamed them the unholy trinity of Faceache, Twa**er and Instabore.

Haha sorry I just re-read that back and I sound a right tedious curmudgeon. Hmm @Nigel182 asked about a ride. I'm just a bit wary of leading a hoard of people I don't know, with unknown cycling ability around central London, but if others are keen, and take full responsibility for their own actions, and I get some help with planning and on the day, then I guess we could do one. We can then start a separate ride thread and try and get a rough idea of numbers wanting to come along, pick some favourites, and then pick some routes....and hope they are not painted over before we get to them! Meeting up over a beer on a warm summers afternoon to thrash out the details sounds like the makings of a plan coming together..... I'm away in Wales for a chunk of June, but we can maybe arrange this for some time in July? I have started writing down the locations of all of mine to help with any planning.

Maybe we can rope in @velovoice too if she is available/interested as she sounded like a ride leader and a bit of S.London mural jedi^_^?

In keeping with sounding like a grumpy Luddite festering in the corner of an old folks home (which I'm not honest^_^)...here's some street art from Carlingford Rd of some TV stars from yesteryear, before telly was in colour, and a selfie meant a self addressed envelope^_^
P1010351_zpswawmvrmt.jpg

P1010355_zpsktysvqfy.jpg

P1010353_zpslooi1x41.jpg

P1010357_zpsj3t2nfes.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom